Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Boston, MA
- Job Schedule: Sunday- Thursday 6:00 AM- 2:30 PM
- Starting Pay: $20.00/ hour
Quality Assurance (QA) Technicians assist the Quality Assurance Manager with the planning, prioritizing, and verification of food quality to ensure food safety. Quality Assurance Technicians also execute daily quality activities to assess incoming materials, work-in-process, labeling, final inspections, analysis and testing of finished products, and perform sanitation responsibilities. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
May conduct pre-operation and final inspections, place defective packaging, raw materials, intermediates, and finished goods on hold. Carries out environmental swabbing, conducts quality testing, and maintains related documentation in support of fresh food specification requirements. Conduct and facilitate internal and external quality audits, documenting findings and next steps.
- Assist QA Manager with planning, prioritizing, and completing tasks; recommend material rejections, action items, changes in procedures, standards, test methods and equipment to maintain quality;
- Perform analysis of raw materials, work-in-process, and finished products through inspection. Analysis includes visual, weight, size, color, etc.to meet specifications, as frequent as on an hourly basis
- Perform PreOp Inspections and document including swabbing of the production area
- Advise/respond to any identified risk in the operation under QA Manager’s supervision
- Perform GMP audits to schedule (product quality, personnel cGMP, Blade/ knife checks on the packaging line, proper tools and chemical storage, sanitizer towels storage and proper usage, “clean as you go” etc.)
- Audits that all quality checks, HACCP critical control point (CCP) monitoring and all aspects of the HARPC program (temperature logs, sanitation, labeling checks, net weight, package integrity, MAC adherence, package integrity checks and organoleptic) are being carried out at the correct frequency and are within specification. If results are outside of specification; ensures that appropriate corrective action is being taken.
- Work with receivers to verify the documentation of temperature and inspection of delivery trucks (Assure accurate completion of Receiving logs). Ensure FIFO is followed, proper allergen segregation
- Complete established shelf life tests of product samples as required.
- Calibrate monitoring and measuring equipment: scales, thermometers and pH probes to agreed frequency. Documents the checks and takes appropriate corrective action when equipment fails calibration.
- Maintain and organize Food Safety and Quality Assurance daily records.
- Maintain and monitor inventory product retains and spot-check department documentation for accuracy and compliance.
- Equipment and work areas are kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout the shift. Ensure proper care of equipment.
- Carry out with environmental swabbing to documented schedule.
- Carry out external food safety and security inspections/audits, cooler, freezer and dry storage for out of date products.
- Print all Food Safety and Quality logs/forms to refill binders as departments require
- Assure chemical cabinet is locked and maintain all chemical SDS are up to date
- Minimum 1- 2 years directly related Quality Assurance or Quality Control experience working in a food production environment or processing plant is required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prior HACCP certification, Food Handler, and other certification desirable.
- Experience working in a chilled food factory environment is preferred.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts.
- Knowledge of common start-up processes in a USDA factory and Good Manufacturing Procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who will be responsible for common routines. Goal-driven with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Ability to work as a team and individually to accomplish the needed work.
- Knowledge of Sanitation Standard Operation Procedures (SSOP’s) in the food manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of common traceability procedures in the food industry.
- Ability to problem-solve, while working under pressure, and thrive in a very fast-paced environment.
- Ability to use basic hand tools, meters, or related items to take product temperatures and lab samples.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
- Ability to work in a refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plans
- Company paid life insurance coverage
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.