Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: 6360 E 58th Ave, Unit H, Commerce City, Colorado
- Job Schedule: Monday - Friday; flexible schedule between 3:00am-4:00pm
- Starting Pay: $21.00 per hour DOE + $500 Sign On Bonus**
Delivery Drivers are responsible for the timely distribution of meals and snacks to local schools and after-school youth programs. Working closely with Dispatch and Operations, Drivers are also responsible for confirming customer orders against product deliveries and being a brand ambassador to our customer, providing best-in-class service. It is also imperative the Delivery Drivers follow all driving safety rules and regulations in the company Fleet Safety program. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifies the daily delivery plan and route(s) to make deliveries.
- Engages with school and other representatives when making deliveries, demonstrating excellent customer service skills, respect and communication.
- Follows all company safety rules and regulations outlined in the Fleet Safety program to ensure safe driving. Exercises good judgement and operational control of a company vehicle.
- Conducts vehicle pre-check inspections before departing to deliver goods. Spot checks product upon delivery and unloading to ensure product quality. Maintains proper fuel levels and execute daily truck checks.
- May pack and load products on to trucks, according to company specifications, and unload truck to meet customer / school program needs.
- Adheres to proper food handling requirements and temperature checks of chilled products such as milk, dairy, vegetables, etc.
- Acts as an ambassador of the company and shall go out of their way to extend courtesy to other drivers.
- Maintains regular communication with the route dispatcher and informs them of traffic and other conditions that may impact timely deliveries.
- Manages the packing slips and delivery process, having customers sign for receipt of deliveries, noting any rejections or shorted products.
- Follows company protocol when questions or concerns are raised by customers.
- Follows all company Fleet Safety program safe working practices while operating the vehicle, loading and unloading. May use pallet jacks, dock plates, wheel chalks, track mileage, straps, handle pallets and plastic wrap.
- Keeps the truck interior and exterior organized, clean and sanitary throughout. No smoking is allowed inside the vehicles. Ensures proper care of equipment used to move or secure product inventory.
- Inspects fruits and snacks for quality and brings issues to the attention of the Operations Manager.
- Reports all collisions, traffic citations and/or license suspensions or revocations.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Delivery Driver (catering/food delivery experience preferred).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to converse with the general public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records.
- Ability to pass a company driving test, background check and drug test.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in state of residency and clean Motor Vehicle Record.
- Ability to problem-solve and promote Revolution Foods Core values and mission.
- Ability to cover varied shifts which may include early mornings and the ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Full COVID-19 vaccination may be required.
- On-site COVID-19 testing may be required on a periodic basis. Revolution Foods employees staffed at partner sites that required such testing will be expected to comply with any such requirements.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate wheeled carts and dollies loaded with product.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
**Sign-on bonus of $500.00 is payable following 60 days of employment. In order to receive payment, you must (i) be actively employed in your current role through the date each payment is made, (ii) perform your responsibilities satisfactorily, complying with all Company policies and practices, and (iii) not be on any form of disciplinary action or performance improvement plan at the time of payment.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.