Director of Operations
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Located in San Lorenzo, California
- This position is available immediately
Our Director of Operations is a proven leader, educator and "hands-on" operator who thrives on rolling up their sleeves and driving performance improvement from the factory floor. Demonstrates strong leadership skills, passion for our mission, and the ability to direct daily operations to include management, production, fiscal responsibility, team leadership and motivation, resource planning, time management, purchasing, maintenance, fleet and logistics for market food manufacturing operations. Consistently demonstrate the highest degree of integrity, ethical conduct, and trustworthiness. The ideal candidate is experienced in food manufacturing and managing teams to deliver results in four key operational areas: People, Quality, Service, and Cost controls. Develops and drives strategies to achieve excellent customer service results and subsequent growth. If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Directs the production of the school and adult meals and services for delivery to multiple partner and retail sites. Works in conjunction with inter-departmental management teams to achieve positive results, forecast, improve efficiencies, and identify opportunities for growth and community relations. Maintains a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication. Ensures full compliance with all State and Federal agency regulated Health, Food Safety and Safety codes.
- Establish and maintain strategic plans for manufacturing covering capacity planning, infrastructure requirements, cost containment, labor-management, and initiatives required for continuous improvement.
- Manage best practices with a strong emphasis on production efficiencies, food safety, compliance, and asset utilization; ensure the development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities, human resources, equipment and products in a profitable manner.
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement and oversees all aspects of sales, P&L, staff training and leadership. This position is fully accountable and directly involved in P&L management and performance, food handling and customer service.
- Responsible for department performance including capacity planning, scheduling, quality, compliance, and training.
- Makes budgetary recommendations and controls capital expenditures and direct/indirect labor. Effectively manage working capital and capital expenditure projects.
- Responsible for staff resource planning for service coverage at school sites, food preparation, and shift coverage. Ensure product availability to meet plans.
- Responsible for monitoring food and production costs, pricing, portion controls, quality assurance, and controls. Ensure food safety program, HACCP Forms training and compliance as well as daily waste tracking.
- Develop SOP’s and ensure the team follows company recipes, hot and retherm meals. Ensures procedures are followed for ordering, receiving, storing, and packaging meals and foods items in large and/or bulk quantities.
- Responsible for overall program effectiveness, labor controls, service, labor, waste, KPI’s and other reports, and employee performance relative to “Best Practices” expectations and requirements
- Continuously monitor the customer economics against expectations, recommending improvements as appropriate.
- Adhere to the Federal, State, and District rules and regulations pertaining to school meals and child nutrition.
- Ensure timely and accurate documentation on all contracts to ensure all school partners follow contractual partnership requirements and obligations.
- Manages the health, sanitation, and safety regulations pertaining to the handling and storage of foods and the operation of food processing facilities and equipment. Ensures the proper use and care of equipment used in large-scale food operations.
- Direct and complete audits as needed and make recommendations to optimize financial performance or operational standards. Holds the team accountable for results.
- Ensure employees are compliant with safe ways of working and safety measures for the environment. Manage all employee injuries while on duty. Utilize accident reporting.
- Coaches team members and executes disciplinary actions of exempt and non-exempt employees, as needed, and maintains accurate records.
- Use technology, data, and rigorous business analysis and critical path strategies to enhance effectiveness, improve efficiencies and margins, and drive customer engagement
- Create and adjust logistics and route plans for timely delivery based on holidays, truck capacity, logistical issues.
- Implement and continually evaluate actions/processes to drive increased consumption of products and services.
- Consistently assess satisfaction with menu offerings, planning, and new product introductions to ensure customer expectations are met. May recommend product changes based on data review
- Develop market forecasts with Customer Success leadership and FP&A Manager to continually refine plans to optimize financial performance and productivity.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to provide overall planning, direction, and support to vendors, team members, and assigned partners within a defined Market, to achieve Key Performance Indicators of customer satisfaction and efficient ways of working or setting benchmarks for improvement.\
Preferred Experience and Education
- 5-7 years of experience Directing Operations of a chilled food manufacturing facility, commercial or industrial kitchen environment, or CPG products.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Hospitality Management, Culinary, Food Science, Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field of study.
- Experience in FDA/USDA monitored environments and/or. SQF experience preferred.
- Broad knowledge of standards of manufacturing technology, equipment, food safety, organizational development/management, finance, and employee relations.
- Manufacturing strategy development and execution thru others.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, motivational, analytical, and strategic thinking skills.
- A successful track record of being able to establish and achieve performance goals and objectives for safety, quality, cost control, manufacturing efficiency, and process development.
- K-12 or Charter School Foodservice experience a plus and fresh food meal service is desirable
- A Proven track record of successful hiring, building, motivating, training, and developing solid teams.
- Experience multi-tasking, setting priorities, and managing multiple projects.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Ability
- Some periodic travel is required within the designated regional area and is flexible to frequent changes
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and quick problem-solving.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and ability to motivate, inspire and positively communicate goals and objectives to our global network of team members.
- Knowledge of food manufacturing technology.
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships one-on-one.
- A solid understanding of safe ways of working within a factory environment and in an external foodservice environment, such as a school, cafeteria, or health care environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel, ERP, and/or CRM systems to compile detailed analytics, presentations, project, and plans.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity along with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Results-driven strategist with the ability to execute plans successfully and efficiently.
- Responsive, and adept at addressing urgent priorities without dropping the ball on other essential tasks.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.