Job Summary: The Materials Handler (“Linebacker) is responsible for counting and staging raw materials for use on the production lines for the same day or next day production. The Linebacker is expected to be an active participant in all aspects of the Production and Packout, departments from food and material supplies, preparation, and pack out to cleanup. Monitor and inspect raw food products for quality and bring issues to the attention of management.
They will keep their space clean and organized at all times. The Linebacker will maintain proper rotation of products at all times. They will support the Department Manager with tasks associated with next day production. They will maintain the cleanliness of the floors in the staging and work areas. They will participate in the clean-up after production.
Revolution Foods has been working hard for a decade to build a values-based, systems-changing company that is on track to become the leading provider of healthy family meals across the nation. We are now serving over 2 million school meals a week in 14 states and have a fast-growing line of products on retail shelves across the country. Our mission and core values, supports our passion. We provide the opportunity for you to learn new skills with our people-building philosophy, and a career opportunity. We need dedicated team members that care about healthy eating, have great people skills with a desire to learn and grow with us. Let’s do this together!
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Primary duties consist of receiving products, raw materials and supplies from the warehouse or kitchen staff for use in the Production and Pack-out departments. Supports the administrative processes of Revolution Foods HACCP program, maintaining temperature and waste logs. Verifies what is needed for the daily plan. Responsible for weighing and accurately counting items or units to be used in Production.
- Verifies the daily plan for product, supply and menu items needed for up to 1 week in advance. Understands the material and food handling requirements, movement routines, quality product and what good looks like. Coordinates the planning and ordering of products for Pack-out.
- Monitors food quality standards at all times. Responsible for double checking counts, proper staging, labeling and placement of unused products or waste. Supports the green waste compost and recycling program.
- Open cases and stage products to easily unload and supply products for use on production lines. May use pallet jacks and other material handling equipment or move lighter loads manually.
- Responsible for examining product content for qualify. Ensure partial cases are used before newer product. Assists with packout of finished products, stacking, sorting, and racking products.
- Responsible for proper inventory counts, proper stock rotation, stock levels, documenting product rejections, proper storage and moving products into the WIP or Production storage areas.
- Assists with changeovers, cleaning and sanitizing of production lines.
- Uses computer skills and data entry experience to enter data into an inventory control data management computer system.
- Adheres to and promotes proper GMP’s when working within food production areas or handling food products.
- Responsible to clean the work area and equipment, regularly removing empty pallets, wood and plastic.
- May stage rolling racks of food products and organize loading on delivery trucks using pallet jacks.
- Follows all required safe work and food safety practices. This includes wearing the required PPE in designated areas. Corrects and/or reports any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- May complete a variety of routine admin tasks associated with the work.
- Performs other duties as needed.
Job Title: Materials Handler (Linebacker)
Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum 1- 2 years of experience in a food production or food warehouse environment
- Minimum 1 year experience completing inventory counts, admin tasks or data entry
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior HACCP certification, Food Handler, ServSafe and other certification desirable
- Experience working in a time-sensitive environment, with a good demeanor
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Able to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts and weekend work
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who will be responsible for common routines.
- Ability to read, count, follow basic instructions and apply basic math skills
- Able to work as a team and individually to accomplish the work
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
Working Conditions: Work is within a factory setting, with chilled temperatures, on a dock and occasionally work is required within the freezer area. Routinely exposed to wet, damp and cold conditions. All PPE is provided.
- Prolonged standing and walking is routinely required.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.