Looking to work for a revolutionary, mission-driven organization that generates positive impacts in our communities? Then Revolution Foods may be the organization for you! We specialize in building lifelong healthy eaters through making kid inspired, chef crafted, and kid approved food accessible to all. We pride ourselves on nourishing our communities in partnership with schools and after school youth programs across the nation, providing over 2 million healthy meals weekly to students. With our challenging yet fun environment, watch your career develop while making a difference!
Why join Revolution Foods?
At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods which provides healthy family meals across the nation!
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full-time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- Five (5) paid holidays and five (5) paid vacation days for full-time employees
- Free daily meals for all of our employees
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Distribution Manager that will be responsible for managing a fast-paced warehouse, transportation and delivery departments. They play an active role as a key member of the management team to meet KPI’s and strategic goals. The Distribution Manager provides supervision, direction and leadership to warehouse and dispatch employees to raise the standard of performance in meeting the goals of our internal and external customers. They plan, direct and monitor the operation of the warehouse (including shipping and receiving) to ensure a high degree of accuracy, inventory control, and customer service while monitoring labor costs. Responsibilities will include providing direction and leadership to teams.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: The operation is a fast-paced, food warehouse environment where our commitment to our customers is demonstrated by operational excellence.
- Responsible to interpreting business needs and responds appropriately. Plans and coordinates work activities of warehouse functions (directly and indirectly), including receiving, picking, shipping, delivery, security, and inventory control. Actively manages the planning, scheduling, and logistics associated with making customer deliveries.
- Train and coach team members to ensure staging, heating, accurate counts, verification, inventory counts, stock rotation of products, waste handling and documentation, deliveries, and excellent customer relations.
- Responsible to develop, implement and manage administrative and business procedures or functions that support the warehouse and dispatch department related functions.
- Plan, direct and manages team members to meet business objectives. Responsible for interviewing, scheduling, assigning work, reviewing performance, coordinating activities with other departments, approving timekeeping and time off, coaching and disciplining staff. Responsible for professional development and team building.
- Oversees the preparation and loading of trucks for shipments and delivery of orders in conformance with company procedures and customer instructions.
- Maintains and controls the physical condition of the warehouse equipment, supplies, security, facilities, grounds, etc.
- Ensures team follows SOP’s and routines. Enforces and implements good operating procedures, resulting in minimal equipment damage.
- Manages and controls warehouse and transportation expenses, Responsible for fuel card usage, inventory controls, registration and maintenance of vehicles.
- Ensure full compliance to the fleet management program, DOT, OSHA and CalOSHA. Responsible for fleet maintenance, fuel reconciliation, DMV registration, refrigeration systems on the fleet, preventive maintenance plans, investigating vehicle accidents and employee injuries,
- Motivates the workers to achieve the goals for the day and bring the company's values and management principles alive in the department(s).
- Builds and maintains excellent customer relations, acting proactively to resolve potential issues and adapting to ever-changing business environments.
- Actively coach, train and develop team to build confidence, implement process control methods, and deliver KPI results. Eliminates daily barriers to support positive results.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure a best in class
- Provides training and motivation to team members, using recognition, and positive feedback. Ensure team enforce rules, follow protocol and policies.
- Provide direct supervision, development, guidance and coaching to team members. Influences team to get the job done. Develops team members to understand processes, methods, controls and systems. Builds trust & respect. Diffuses conflict. Delegates assignments to team leads or team members.
- Tenaciously addresses all unplanned department downtime events. Understands and monitors KPI's, department targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results. Responsible to make the right decisions, quickly to achieve plans for the Company in coordination with team and cross-functional partners.
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety, FIFO, visual quality and PPE requirements. Sets priorities and gives direction based upon the daily plan. Controls labor costs.
- Supports our green waste program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for.
- Completes a variety of reports, and routine office tasks that may include inventory, verifying shipments and receiving documents, typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc. Performs other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience actively managing a fleet with daily routing within a multi-county demographic area.
- Logistics or Supply chain experience within a fresh food or refrigerated operation
- Related Degree or equivalent work experience that demonstrates controls and compliance knowledge in a food environment.
- Certification or training in fleet management, logistics, inventory controls, food handling/ServeSafe.
- Knowledge of common inventory controls, shipping & receiving routines.
- Financial acumen and budgeting experience.
- Experience in lean and other continuous improvement initiatives.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.