Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: San Lorenzo, California
- Starting Pay: $15.00 per hour DOE
- Job Schedule: Sunday-Thursday 3:00 am-3:30 pm
The Porter position is responsible for the cleanliness and sanitation of the facility. They will practice proper cleaning techniques and safety protocol. The Porter is expected to be an active participant in all aspects of the kitchen, from food preparation, set-up, cleanup, and dishwashing, as necessary.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: They will work in the dish room maintaining a clean, safe, sanitized area, free of all used dishware and equipment at the end of their shift. Keep bathrooms, production floors, operational departments, office spaces, break area, and conference room clean, stocked, and sanitized at all times. Positions may work full-time or part-time, on various days and shifts, as needed.
- Maintains the re-stocking and readiness of all operational areas, and handwashing stations at all times
- Ensure the garbage and recycling is disposed of daily and the receptacles are cleaned and sanitized. Support our “Green Waste” program insuring all waste is separated.
- Executes golden standards for all menu items per approved SOP’s from the Executive Chef.
- Maintain a food-safe environment, complying with State, Federal and Revolution Foods food safety policies.
- Ability to learn and execute the operation of kitchen equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices by maintaining a clean, organized, hazardous-free workstation.
- Observe a safety-first environment, free of hazards to include a dry floor, proper floor drain coverage, and proper knife storage
- Establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency, and effective communication with all team members.
- Aide by company “Green” waste, compost and recycling program. Maintains master cleaning schedule responsibilities at all times.
- Supports staff by keeping the facility clean and sanitary.
- Entry level position. Previous Janitorial and/or Dishwasher experience in a fast-paced environment a plus.
- Knowledge of safe and proper sanitation and dish washing procedures preferred
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies
- Ability to routinely work in a chilled, damp factory environment
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team using good verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of common sanitation processes in a food factory, commercial or industrial kitchen and Good Manufacturing Practices helpful
- Self-starter who will be responsible for common routines
- Able to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts
- Knowledge of safe and proper sanitation procedures in a manufacturing setting is highly preferred.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced, fresh food manufacturing environment is highly preferred.
- Prior HACCP certification, Food Handler, Serv-Safe and other certification are desirable.
- Experience working in a time-sensitive environment.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company-paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.