Regional Partnership Coordinator
This position will serve as a liaison between the internal operations team and the external school-facing team and will provide high-level customer service to our largest accounts with a focus on long-term retention. The Regional Partnership Assistant responsibilities may include: verifying customer orders and changes, site visits to spot check quality and routines, and a variety of administrative routines.
This may include site visits, verifying orders, preparing routine reports and presentations using excel, quick books, or other MS Office applications; coordinating and organizing meetings. Verifies the daily production plan schedule matches the daily meals planned, products and materials needed by the customer order. Facilitate collaboration with the inter-department teams. May also be charged with accountability for internal automated system responsibilities including Apple-Core functions, data entry, documentation, reporting, filing and other track and record keeping processes.
- Maintains consistent communication with school leaders, school service staff, school partnership teams and culinary center personnel about all issues relating to school operations
- Verifies the daily plan, and any immediate needs that impact customers and/or operations and deliveries.
- Supports the Regional Partnership Managers to clarify customer service-related matters, order or product issues or modifications that all need to be aware of.
- Support school cafeteria managers in the ordering process, advising on order analysis and waste management, and manage all customer service issues that arise.
- Promotes nutrition education and staff, student and parent engagement in the school meals program, supporting outreach initiatives and events.
- Solicit and relay school administration, student and parent feedback (likes, dislikes, new items, quality, etc). during non-service time (if allowed and communicates feedback to management.
- Identifies ways to increase participation. Supports school samplings, parent nights, student orientation, staff training, feedback activities, and other meal tasting activities throughout the year.
- Keep school and students informed of the scheduled menu and new items, while looking for ways to increase breakfast participation
- .Engage school students, parents and staff in nutrition education & outreach and ethical marketing of healthy school meals.
- Maintains a food safe environment. Adheres to the Federal, State, and District rules and regulations pertaining to school meals and child nutrition.
- Ensure all school partners follow contractual partnership requirements and obligations.
- Uses a variety of software systems by entering data, calculating results/ updates, using data collection worksheets, system features, or other useful information related to the operation.
- Minimum 1-2 years responsible experience working in a K-12 Food Service System is highly preferred
- Food handler’s certification mandatory, ServSafe preferred
- Experience in a fast-paced customer service or food related environment with changing priorities is desired
- Experience using a variety of software applications to enter data, prepare reports and presentations
- Experience achieving positive results in a customer service environment
- Bilingual skills (Spanish / English) is a plus
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- CA Driver’s license, good driving record and ability to pass a background check, as required.
- Able to commute to school, factory or other locations as a routine part of the job, with mileage reimbursed.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to enter data and compile reports
- Knowledge of common school routines and expectations
- Entrepreneurial minded, energetic, a sense of humor, flexibility and willingness to jump into any role with a moment’s notice.
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.