Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible to cultivate and drive new business development in an assigned market or territory. Manages a sound business plan to capture and penetrate market share focused on potential schools, charter management, community partners, or other fresh food pipeline opportunities. Responsible for producing new account revenue in line with current organization and individual targets and/ or annual targets. Engages customers in Revolution Foods’ mission of improving food and foodservice in schools and identifying mutually beneficial partnership opportunities and growing new business sales.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for sourcing, pursuing, securing and developing highest potential new business that can be transitioned to a in order to achieve annual sales and profit operating plans. Maintain a pipeline of new, emerging high potential clients. Responsible to build strong relationships with school districts, charter management organizations, school board members, state education departments, school officials associations, superintendents, food service directors, food service director associations and community advocacy groups.
- Responsible for cultivating relationships with schools and community partners for the purpose of maintaining accounts and growing sales revenue, profit and brand recognition in public schools and fresh food categories.
- Manage the strategic business development process for new school prospects including both responding to in-bound leads and lead sourcing, qualifying leads, and navigating the sales process to contract signing.
- Develop and maintain relationships with charter management organizations, state education departments, school officials, associations, superintendents, food service directors, food service director associations and community advocacy groups, school board members, and other strategically identified stakeholders to make a compelling case for using Revolution Foods as their meal service provider.
- Maintain full understanding of company IT tools to identify high potential opportunities and update progress; utilize Salesforce and Company-approved applications for lead generation; communicate with Director of Business Development on field intelligence and observations.
- Represent Revolution Foods at conferences, industry events, speaking engagements and other key business-building engagements. Identifies opportunities to generate interest in Revolution Foods. May coordinate introductions, market testing, company information, menu/product features and nutritional data.
- Manage high-level relationships with critical stakeholders and decision-makers to ensure good relationship building and successful renewal.
- Serve as a champion of Revolution Foods to obtain and pursue referrals in the broader community.
- Ensure timely and efficient handoff to Account Management and Operations for all new customers prior to start of service.
- Effective cross-functional leadership/communication skills to collaborate with cross-functional teams to support overall account management.
- Actively works to achieve and exceed financial performance and revenue growth goals.
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety,, visual quality and PPE requirements when in a plant. May complete a variety of reports, routine office tasks, completes other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Education:
- 1-3 years of Account management, new business development or fresh food sales related experience, negotiating contract terms and conditions.
- College degree in a related field or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- K-12 or Charter School Food sales experience related to meal service is preferred. Other community-related experience will be considered.
- Experience establishing progressive sales growth of fresh food consumer products.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel, Salesforces or similar CRM systems.
- Embodies the entrepreneurial spirit and takes ownership of partnerships, while achieving results.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Approximately 20% domestic travel required.
- Valid driver's license.
- An engaging presence and strong ability to build authentic relationships with all levels of school administration.
- A Proven track record of setting clear, measurable goals, tracking progress against them, and attaining high levels of sales success.
- A self-motivated professional with natural problem-solving capabilities and a positive mindset.
- Strong organizational skills, results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute tactical plans.
- Gifted communicator, at ease presenting to diverse groups, leading meetings with internal or external teams, and building trusting relationships.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.