The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the purchasing of all food products for meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks) we provide daily to local schools and community based organizations. He or she will be responsible for all product ordering (e.g. broad-line distribution, direct orders, produce, and packaging) inventory, and spec compliance, specifically: planning, purchasing, placing PO’s, receiving product, inventory management, vendor relations, and reporting required for the role. This person will always be looking for new product and innovation that we can use in our menus
SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Daily purchasing - purchases according to menu planning, product specifications, and COGs control system using costing tools and budgets as directed by the G.M.
- Determine, place and confirm all purchase orders - correct/efficient ordering patterns/cycles i.e. even pallets. Schedule deliveries.
- Adhere to Master Specification List - ordering Rev Foods spec’d products only.
- Order new products in a timely manner to arrive prior to menu date. Discontinue products as directed by Senior Director of Purchasing.
- Minimize Stock out/emergency protocol.
- Manage Frequency of delivery vs. storage space and menu date.
- Participate and provide input (specifics) with Menu Planning.
- Book freight when needed. Coordinate shipping/receiving of product to/from off-site facilities.
- Manage USDA Foods, if applicable.
- Manages the procedures for ordering, receiving, storing, and packaging meals and foods items in large quantities. Implementing and maintaining “first in first out” principles of inventory management.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all internal departments and employees.
- Ensures food and packaging returns and credits are accurately processed as directed by the G.M..
- Coordinate product quality issues and vendor performance with Director of Purchasing & Quality Assurance.
- Enter all Merchandise Arrivals.
- Maintain positive manufacturer/distributor relationships.
- Manage all weekly mandatory COGS, including all reports.
- Establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the production facility and when interfacing with outside clientele.
- Works with Production Manager to oversee daily waste log and accuracy of waste cost reporting.
- Participates in hiring, staff training and development, and the supervision of the receiving staff.
- Manage the Fruit Rotation & Compliance, as it relates to purchasing (i.e., purchasing correct sizes/varieties).
- Manage the overall process of taking inventory, including input and reports.
- Responsible for information in Rev Foods purchasing system (Eatec): purchasing, receiving, updating pricing, inventory counts.
- Adheres to the Federal, State, and District rules and regulations pertaining to school meals and child nutrition compliance.
- Complies with all state and federal Health and Safety codes.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High volume experience
- Competence with long lead times.
- Large batch cooking experience (we make hundreds of gallons)
- Perpetual inventory system experience.
- Ordering depletion system knowledge.
- Intermediate to advanced analytical skills with Excel, database systems, etc.
- Food service experience preferred.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive needed to work effectively within a young and growing company.
- Two to three years food purchasing and vendor management experience.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills are required - proficiency in Excel and Outlook and the ability to quickly learn new programs is required.
- Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Proven management experience including training and development of team.
- Able to multi-task in a professional, respectful manner with keen attention to detail.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Bi/Multi Lingual is a plus.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.