Packout Team Member
The Packout Team Member will support the pack out of fruits and snacks for the following days orders. They will fulfill all orders and accurately count items. They will keep their space clean and organized at all times. The packer will maintain proper rotation of products at all times. They will inspect fruits and snacks for quality and bring issues to the attention of the Production Manager. They will support the Production Manager with tasks associated with next day production. They will maintain the cleanliness of the floors in the staging and pack-out areas. They will participate in the clean-up of the kitchen after production. They will also support as needed on the pack-out line. They will monitor food quality standards at all times, frequently tasting the fruit they serve. They will be aware of their menu items 1 week in advance and help co-ordinate planning and ordering of products related to the pack-out. The Packer position is expected to be an active participant in all aspects of the kitchen, from food preparation to cleanup. The position also carries the responsibility of supporting the administrative processes of Revolution Foods HACCP program. They will maintain the temperature log for the walk-in. The Packer will provide accurate documentation of temperature logging of all perishable food they handle.
Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the kitchen.
- Ensures proper product rotation of all breakfast, snack and fruit inventory.
- Ensures use of partial boxes in a timely manner. Maintains organization and cleanliness of all equipment used for bulk production.
- Helps maintain budgeted food costs through waste management and reduction.
- Supports the company “Green” waste, compost and recycling program. Maintains consistency in food quality standards.
- Effectively communicates and practices all company policies.
- Responsible for ensuring that every packed item is of high quality and taste before completion.
- Follow recipes carefully. Monitors cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen environment.
- Maintains master cleaning schedule responsibilities at all times.
- Supports preventive maintenance on all equipment.
- Assists drivers with loading and unloading trucks.
- Complies with all state of Massachusetts Health and Safety codes.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, and follows through on requests in a timely manner.
- 1-2 years culinary experience in a busy food service environment. Previous experience in a high volume flight kitchen or school feeding operation a plus.
- Able to lift 50 pounds and physically perform requirements of job.
- Advanced knowledge of safe and proper knife and kitchen utensil use.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: Able to work well with others and participate as part of a team.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Serve Safe certification a plus.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.