Machine Operator (1st Shift)
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Position Location: Stafford, TX
- Job Schedule: Monday - Friday, 5:00 AM - 2:00 PM
- Starting Pay: $15.00/hr DOE
Working as part of a team, our Machine Operators verify the daily production plan, and any immediate needs to start-up food product runs. This includes heated and chilled machinery, feeding film, identifying quality or mechanical issues, troubleshooting and adjusting addressed machinery issues, completing routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs in accordance with established procedures. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
- Verifies the daily production plan, and any immediate needs to startup for food product runs. This includes heated and chilled machinery, feeding film, identifying quality or mechanical issues, troubleshooting and making adjustments to address machinery issues, completing routine preventive maintenance and minor repairs in accordance with established procedures.
- Works closely with Management and team members to ensure machinery is set up and raw materials are staged to efficiently process food products. May complete test runs to ensure proper sealing and they meet routine operational expectations.
- Monitor and adjust line strike rates to maximize throughput.
- Perform product change-overs online and follow allergen procedures. Adhere to and promotes proper GMP’s.
- Troubleshoot routine machine issues resulting from jams, settings, requiring adjustments, routine parts changed, etc.
- Escalates repair issues that require diagnostics, PLC modifications, mechanical or technical repair knowledge
- Exercises good mechanical aptitude to keep machinery at optimal levels of operation. When unexpected issues or quality problems arise, troubleshoots equipment and machinery using standard test methods, SOP’s, diagrams, and hand tools.
- Will minimize and track downtime, estimating repair timelines for production management to use for decision making. Uses related software to enter maintenance information, and to track parts and equipment-related inventory.
- Equipment and work areas are kept organized, clean and sanitary throughout the shift. Ensure proper care of equipment.
- Follows all required safe work and food safety practices. This includes lockout tag-out requirements and wearing required PPE in designated areas. Corrects and/or reports any food safety and food quality-related issues to management immediately.
- May train and demonstrate proper procedures and protocol to employees running products. May complete a variety of routine admin tasks associated with the work. Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum 1- 2 years Machine Operator or related experience working in a food production environment or processing plant is highly preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret schematics, diagrams, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well with others and participate as part of a team.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
- Ability to work in a refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.