Client Project Manager II
The Client Project Manager II (CPM II) will be a leader in the Customer Experience team. This individual will play a critical role in managing and ensuring execution of customer service initiatives within the Market. They will play a key role in balancing needs of both the operations and partnership teams. They will be responsible for planning and communicating between internal and external contacts and will ensure partner satisfaction through effective management of the customer success team. They will also be the go-to liaison between the school partnerships and the operations teams, other market teams, and the Home Office Team (HOT).
In addition to acting as a liaison between members of their own team, this individual will be responsible for customer analytics, and understanding and analyzing the ‘why’ behind customer-related performance metrics. As a part of the analytics, they will also be responsible for tracking the status and information about our school partners though several systems, which necessitates someone that has high attention to detail, is thorough, and enjoys work that is detail oriented. Big picture analytics will be coupled with day to day communications that affect all members of the Market team, such as daily operational updates or market-wide efforts. The CPM II will also be expected to manage communications on a weekly or monthly basis with business partners, in conjunction with their Regional Partnership managers, to ensure all partners are satisfied, their needs are being met and communication is fluid. CPM II is someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and focuses on the details, but can hold the big picture in mind. This person will report to the Director of Operations and will manage a small team of customer service coordinators and data specialists.
The CPM II will hold their customer service team accountable and will be responsible for overseeing and delegating daily, weekly and monthly projects and may also need to act as a customer service representative from time to time. The CPM II will handle escalated partnership issues, and must be an attentive and proactive problem solver, and solution driven.
Project Management and Cross-functional Planning & Coordination (50%):
- Work closely with all operations positions for effective planning and management of day to day operations in facility : purchasing, production, partnerships
- Complete menu planning and publishing at a market level through analysis of menu related data and sales to create the highest functioning and most profitable menu possible, while balancing operational needs and partnership satisfaction
- Coordinate and logistically plan and communicate needs to internal operations team around holidays, special events and inclement weather; including labor management, dispatch needs, production scheduling
- Manage capacity and daily short term scheduling needs of the operating facilities
- Substitution management: working with nutrition teams, and purchasing to effectively manage substitutions as needed due to supply chain or quality issues, to help support inventory process flow and curb waste within the facility while maintaining partnership satisfaction
- Act as the main planning manager surrounding launch/ back-to-school which includes; customer set ups, equipment tracking and delivery scheduling, working with operations to provide data for labor needs and dispatch requirements, and more
- Hold weekly meeting with operations team to review fulfillment errors and devise action plans and hold team accountable, and communicate other operational requirements in the upcoming weeks
- Be accountable for financial reviews and understand impact of menu planning on COGs, waste and GM% at the market level. Be able to understand and adapt based on targets and cost-savings initiatives
- Act as a liaison for our Nutrition team for internal and external contacts; understand and explain compliancy, ingredient standards and menu planning/items questions
- Plan and manage special projects/programs at the market level such as Commodity Credits and FFVP programs; working closely with purchasing and partners
- Oversee large process or system changes at the market level through to completion while maintaining communication to all necessary contacts; IE applecore enhancements, platform changes etc
Customer Service Management & Accountability (30%)
- Day to Day management of Customer Service and Data Systems teams
- Effectively train, delegate and hold team accountable for project deadlines
- Projects including; error investigations, order changes, fulfillment logs and reporting, entering invoice adjustments, menu loading into internal systems, substitution communication to partners
- Manage timelines of communication; ensuring partners are getting responses in timely fashion while prioritizing proactive communication
- Support customer service as needed, willing and able to step in and act as a customer service team member during busy times or as needed
- Manage escalated partnership issues, directly contacting the partners to resolve issues, must be proactive where possible and resolution driven
- Work closely with Regional Partnership Managers and communicate partnership needs and escalate issues or concerns as needed in a timely fashion
- Provide support to Regional Partnership manager in onboarding new partners, training and setting up in our internal systems
- Work closely with Regional Market Managers and Area Operations Managers to ensure alignment of communication and operational needs in the field
- Review and own monthly invoicing process, and fielding questions from partner surrounding monthly invoicing
- Consistently work towards process flow and systems improvement
- Schedule teams, managing labor during holidays and requested time off
- Work with Director of Ops and Human Resources as needed for personnel issues
Data and Analytics (20%):
- Upload and maintain all partner information, menu information and school site set ups in our internal system: Applecore
- Support Regional Partnership Managers on data management in Salesforce
- Updating pricing yearly or as needed in Applecore to match contracts
- Report weekly dashboards/operational updates to internal and external teams as requested
- Analyze our customer-related data in which we measure success and identify places for improvement
- Prepare weekly reports for market leaders that succinctly capture customer and order data, internal waste, and revenue reporting
- Prepare and maintain trackers for “launch” or back-to-school planning
Qualities and Qualifications:
- B.A. or B.S. or equivalent education/experience.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are required.
- 3-5 years of experience managing a team of employees and previous experience in a customer service role with demonstrated success.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A “big picture” thinker who can manage small details accurately and brings solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Engaging presence and strong ability to build authentic relationships with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with people with different personalities and work styles within his/her team and among different teams.
- Outstanding attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in project management and cross-functional roles/projects.
- Demonstrated experience and success manipulating and analyzing data to drive revenue-generating results.
- Experience effectively working in a cross-functional manner with teams who have interwoven, yet different goals.
- Entrepreneurial minded, coupled with an energetic and positive spirit, flexibility, a sense of humor, and a willingness to jump into any role at a moment’s notice.
- Demonstrated experience presenting key performance indicators with strategic recommendations to senior level management.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.