Senior Director of Operations
The Senior Director of Operations is a well-versed food professional that promotes healthy eating and has extensive contact with multiple school district representatives. Ensures operation excellence and directs team members that organize, prepare, and serve 80,000-100,000 meals per day for school meal programs. Demonstrates strong leadership skills, passion for our mission, and the ability to direct daily operations to include management, production, fiscal responsibility, team leadership and motivation, resource planning, time management, purchasing, maintenance and logistics for the market. Develops and drives strategies to achieve excellent customer service results and subsequent growth, consistent with the mission and vision of Revolution Foods.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Prepares the plan for production of school meals and services for delivery to multiple school sites. Works in conjunction with inter-departmental management teams to achieve positive results. Maintains a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication in the kitchen. Ensures full compliance with all State and Federal agency regulated Health and Safety codes.
- Senior Director of Operations will oversee all aspects of sales, P&L, staff training and leadership. This position is fully accountable and directly involved in P&L management and performance, food handling and customer service in all serviced schools. The scope of foodservice includes the preparation, quality, merchandising and service at school site locations and includes breakfast, snack, and lunch/supper service in all schools.
- Primary functional responsibilities include daily school-account management and preparedness’, verification of product quality, temperature logs completion, packing slips and production records. Ensure proper receiving and administrative recording of product deliveries, storage and handling, wrap/label/date process compliance and ensuring the proper tracking of delivery quantities.
- Responsible for staff resource planning for service coverage at school sites, food preparation, and shift coverage. Ensure product availability to meet plans.
- Responsible for monitoring food and production costs, pricing, portion controls, quality assurance and controls. Ensure food safety program, HACCP Forms training and compliance as well as daily waste tracking.
- Manages the health, sanitation, and safety regulations pertaining to the handling and storage of foods and the operation of food processing facilities and equipment. Ensures the proper use and care of equipment used in large-scale food operations.
- Ensure employees are compliant with safe ways of working and safety measures for the environment. Manage all employee injuries while on duty. Utilize accident reporting.
- Review, analyze and train on proper ways of working, procedures and methods, and devise and implement improvements. Coaches team members and executes disciplinary actions of hourly kitchen employees, as needed and maintains accurate records, make mathematical computations, and prepare production and waste reports.
- Use technology, data and rigorous business analysis and critical path strategies to enhance effectiveness, improve efficiencies and margins, and drive customer engagement
- Create and adjust logistics and route plans for timely delivery based on holidays, truck capacity, logistical issues.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- 5 years of experience Directing a food production environment.
- A Hospitality Management, Culinary degree, apprenticeship or training in a food or nutritional related field. Or, an acceptable combination of education and related experience
- K-12 or Charter School Food service experience a plus and fresh food meal service is desirable
- Experience achieving results thru a diverse group of hourly team members
- A Proven track record of successful hiring, building, motivating, training, and developing solid teams
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel, ERP and/or CRM systems to compile detailed analytics, presentations, project and plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.