The Warehouse Associate is responsible for shipping, receiving, staging and moving product within the warehouse. This is typically done safely and efficiently, using a pallet jack or manual movement of smaller loads. May perform receiving and/or shipping functions, verifies product received, shipping documents, bill of lading, inventory counts, scanning or manually recording inventory, stock levels, stock rotation and waste, as needed or assigned.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Primary duties consist of shipping and receiving functions involving removing products, raw materials, supplies or other inventory to and from large trucks. Routines include sorting, stacking, shelving and maintaining organized inventory, particularly during peak demand. Responsible for keeping the warehouse organized, clean and orderly.
- Verifies the daily plan, delivery expectations, and any immediate needs that needed to prepare for inbound or outbound inventory movement. Understands the material requirements, movement routines and deliveries.
- Load and unload products from trailers, dock or storage areas using pallet jacks and other material handling equipment. May move lighter loads manually.
- Responsible for examining product content, comparing with inventory records, and orders to verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments. Verifies product received against shipping document and notes discrepancies.
- May transport items from the warehouse or freezer to various departments. Store the products in their proper places in warehouse. Exercises extreme care and safety when using a pallet jack.
- Uses computer skills and data entry experience to enter data into an inventory control data management computer system.
- Deliver products to various departments or staging areas in safe and timely manner. Sort, stack, pack, wrap, tie and label products as per company procedures.
- Adhere to and promotes proper GMP’s when working within food production areas or handling food products.
- Responsible to clean the work area and equipment, regularly removing empty pallets, wood and plastic.
- Securely wraps pallets before shipment. Follow company standards and legal regulations to ensure safe and positive work atmosphere.
- Follows all required safe work and food safety practices. This includes wearing the required PPE in designated areas. Corrects and/or reports any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- May complete a variety of routine admin tasks associated with the work. Performs other duties as needed.
Required Experience and Education:
- Minimum 1- 2 years of experience in a warehouse or food production environment
- Minimum 1 year experience completing inventory counts, admin tasks or data entry
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior HACCP certification, Food Handler, Serve Safe and other certification desirable
- Experience working in a time-sensitive environment, with a good demeanor
Required Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Able to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts and weekend work
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who will be responsible for common routines.
- Ability to read, count, follow basic instructions and apply basic math skills
- Able to work as a team and individually to accomplish the work
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.