Serves as a primary point of contact at Revolution Foods for sourcing, purchasing, on-time deliveries and as a subject matter expert on goods purchased. Sources the full scope of raw materials, fresh food commodities, ingredients, packaging, film, etc. used in the production of healthy meal solutions. Maintains strong supplier relations and a competitive pricing edge to leverage spend. Is accountable for delivery of services, quality products, cost containment and communicating effectively at all levels.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Responsible for developing sourcing strategies based on business priorities and needs. Works closely with internal and external stakeholders to meet objectives. Works in a challenging work environment with the opportunity for creativity and personal growth.
- Schedule pickups/will-call orders with certain vendors and communicate to shipping/receiving department.
- Understands and monitors KPI's, department targets, and the root cause of poor performance. Implement corrective actions to drive results. Responsible to make the right decisions, quickly to achieve plans for the Company in coordination with the team and cross-functional partners.
- Follow all health and safety standards, GMP’s, food safety, FIFO, visual quality and PPE requirements.
- Supports our green waste recycling program, ensuring waste products are properly accounted for.
- Works closely with planning and production scheduling to ensure that raw ingredients, fresh food, packaging and the components that go into the processing of our products are here on time, at the lowest cost while meeting the high-quality standards expected.
- Actively manage the planning, scheduling, and basic logistics associated with buying fresh foods, raw materials, ingredients, fruits and vegetables, and dairy products for a production environment.
- Responsible to utilize administrative and business procedures or functions that support the Planning & Purchasing department-related functions.
- Builds and maintains excellent customer relations, acting proactively to resolve potential issues and adapting to ever-changing business environments.
- Monitors supplier improvement plans for serviced accounts. Reinforces quality and on-time delivery standard expectations within agreed price points. Reports shortages, bad or damaged products, and pursues credits.
- Works in collaboration with the operating management team to ensure a best in class
- Play an integral role on the inventory count team, ensuring ERP inventory counts are consistently accurate. Double-check MRP numbers and run apple core or other reports.
- May collaborate with QA and Production to document issues, plan supplier visits/ inspections, and gain approval for use. Work with QA team to ensure suppliers provide all required documentation to meet SQF and other agency regulated guidelines.
- Release and create Purchase Orders as needed. Forward to designated personnel—both internal and external. Is responsible for the accuracy of the cost on the PO’s before they are received into Company ERP system.
- Data entry, invoice filing, and other tasks as assigned.May complete a variety of reports, routine office tasks that may include inventory, verifying shipments and receiving documents, typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc. Performs other duties as needed.
- 4-5 years of purchasing experience in a continuous improvement environment, preferably in commodity food, ingredients, raw materials, dairy, fresh.
- Experience purchasing and working with a variety of packaging, trays, containers, film applications, printing, etc.
- Financial Acumen and the ability to work within budget constraints.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, especially a firm understanding of Excel and ERP systems
- Experience in lean and other continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A Metrics driven mindset with analytical skills
- Ability to influence suppliers and cost reductions
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, a professional demeanor and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Critical Thinking - Demonstrated ability to determine root cause findings, take corrective actions, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a cold/ damp environment and stand for extended periods
- Good computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.