Temporary Data Specialist
Details of Position
- This is a Temporary, Part-Time position
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Job Schedule: Monday – Friday, 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
- Starting Pay: $24.00 per hour
The Temporary Data Specialist is primarily responsible for entering data related to recipes, food products, and manufacturer nutritional information into our software program, as well as supporting on other projects and functions. They make sure information supports the Revolution Foods and customer standards and labeling requirements, and complies with governing agencies such as USDA, FDA, etc. The Temporary Data Specialist compiles data for entry in our Genesis software system, ensuring a high level of accuracy. This position will work closely with the Direct‐to‐Consumer meal product development team to deliver accurate data reporting of ingredient labels, nutrition decks, and recipe costs considering raw materials and packaging. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters a variety of food product specifications, nutritional data, and recipes into our Genesis software system, ensuring a high level of accuracy.
- Coordinates with the Revolution Foods direct-to-the-consumer meal product development team to gather or verify accurate recipe and ingredient information.
- Utilize ESHA Genesis R&D Software program to create and maintain: ingredient nutritional data, sub‐recipe nutritional data, meal nutritional data with formal label output for use by customers, build and maintain files (electronic and manual) for all products.
- When necessary, work with Purchasing Department to contact manufacturers for related information.
- Utilize company ERP system to enter and maintain data integrity of recipes and meal products.
- Utilize professional record keeping skills to document necessary data and analysis.
- Takes initiative to complete daily tasks and assigned projects with minimal direction. They are able to prioritize the work and identify results that fall outside of the company standards.
- Verifies information related to formulas, nutritionals and specification sheets.
- Calculate and finalize all nutrition labeling requirements. Reports information that falls outside of company standards. May verify label ingredient decks against system data for accuracy.
- May answer basic, routine questions and coordinate with other team members to meet business objectives.
- May complete a variety of routine office tasks that may include typing, preparing reports, completing research, track information and KPI’s, prepare or update excel spread sheets, copying, scanning, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working with nutritional data and recipes or ERP database systems related work or a Healthy eating environment.
- A minimum of 1-year experience working in the food industry.
- Education or related degree in Nutrition, Food Science, or food related technology is preferred.
- Experience applying FDA food labeling guidelines.
- USDA Plant Manufacturing Guidelines a plus.
- Experience maintaining files.
- Knowledge of FDA food labeling guidelines, particularly as it applies to fresh foods.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as volumetric calculations, food unit conversions, fractions and/or ratios, etc.
- Self-motivated with the ability to apply common sense and sound judgment to daily tasks.
- Ability to comprehend technical information from official governmental guidelines, documents, and resources and explain research findings in layman’s terms.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Must be detail oriented, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and maintain a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking and determine root cause findings.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Why Join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, as well as:
- Free onsite parking
- Accessible by BART
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.