Customer Service Manager (Evergreen)
We are always accepting applications for our Customer Service Manager position with Revolution Foods! Apply today to be considered during our next hiring period!
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan
- Company-paid life insurance coverage
- Company stock options
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Salary: The salary range varies depending upon the location
The Customer Service Manager (CSM) will be a leader in the Customer Experience team. This individual will play a critical role in managing and ensuring the execution of customer service initiatives within the Market. They play a key role in balancing the needs of both the operations and partnership teams. They are responsible for planning and communicating between internal and external contacts and ensuring partner satisfaction through effective management of the customer success team. The CSM is the go-to liaison between the school partners, the Operations Team, other markets, and the Home Office Team (HOT).
In addition to acting as a liaison between members of their own team, this individual will be responsible for customer Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and understanding and analyzing the ‘why’ behind customer-related performance metrics. As a part of the analysis, they will be responsible for tracking the status and information about our school partners through several systems, which necessitates someone that has high attention to detail, is thorough, and enjoys work that is detail-oriented. Big picture analysis will be coupled with day-to-day communications that affect all members of the Market team, such as daily operational updates or market-wide efforts. The CSM is someone that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and focuses on the details, but can hold the big picture in mind. This role reports to the Director of Operations, with a dotted line reporting to the Sr Director of Customer Service, and manages a small team of Customer Service Analysts and Customer Service Coordinators. - If this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Project management and cross-functional planning & coordination (40%)
- Work closely with all operations positions for effective planning and management of day-to-day operations in the facility: purchasing, production, partnerships
- Complete menu planning and publishing at a market level through the analysis of menu-related data and sales to create the highest functioning and most profitable menu possible, while balancing operational needs and partnership satisfaction
- Coordinate and logistically plan and communicate needs to internal operations team around holidays, special events, and inclement weather, including labor management, dispatch needs, production scheduling
- Substitution management: working with the Nutrition Compliance team and Purchasing to effectively manage substitutions as needed due to supply chain or quality issues, to support inventory process flow and curb waste within the facility while maintaining partnership satisfaction.
- Act as the main planning manager surrounding back-to-school which includes customer set-ups, equipment tracking and delivery schedule, working with operations to provide data for labor needs and dispatch requirements, and more.
- Hold weekly meetings with the operations team to review fulfillment errors and devise action plans and hold the team accountable, and communicate other operational requirements in the upcoming weeks
- Be accountable for financial reviews and understand impact of menu planning on COGs and waste at the market level. Be able to understand and adapt based on targets and cost-savings initiatives
- Act as a liaison for our Nutrition team for internal and external contacts; understand and explain compliance, ingredient standards and menu planning/items questions.
- Plan and manage special projects/programs at the market level such as Commodity Credits and FFVP programs, working closely with purchasing and partners.
- Oversee large process or system changes at the market level through to completion while maintaining communication to all necessary contacts (ie. Applecore enhancements, platform changes, etc.)
Customer Service Management & Accountability (40%)
- Day to Day management of Customer Service and Data Systems teams
- Effectively train, delegate, and hold the team accountable for project deadlines. Projects include error investigations, order changes, fulfillment logs and reporting, entering invoice adjustments, menu loading into internal systems, substitution communication to partners
- Manage timelines of communication; ensuring partners are getting responses in a timely fashion while prioritizing proactive communication.
- Support customer service as needed, willing and able to step in and act as a customer service representative during busy times or as needed.
- Manage escalated partnership issues, directly contacting the partners to resolve issues, and must be proactive where possible and resolution driven.
- Work closely with the Customer Success Team and communicate partnership needs and escalate issues or concerns as needed in a timely fashion.
- Provide support to Customer Success in onboarding new partners, training and setting up in our internal systems.
- Work closely with Customer Success and Area Operations Managers to ensure alignment of communication and operational needs in the field
- Review and own monthly invoicing process, and field questions from partners surrounding monthly invoicing.
- Continuously work towards process flow and systems improvement.
- Manage labor hours, team schedules, and Customer Service coverage during holidays and time off.
- Work with the Director of Operations and Human Resources as needed for personnel matters.
Data and analytics (20%):
- Upload and maintain all partner information, menu information, and school site setups in Revolution Foods proprietary, internal system, Applecore
- Support Customer Success with data management in Salesforce.
- Always maintain pricing in Applecore to match contracts.
- Report weekly dashboards/operational updates to internal and external teams as requested.
- Analyze our customer-related data in which we measure success and identify places for improvement.
- Prepare weekly reports for market leaders that succinctly capture customer and order data, internal waste, and revenue reporting.
Preferred Experience and Education:
- B.A. or B.S. or equivalent education/experience.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are required.
- 3-5 years of experience managing a team of employees and previous experience in a customer service role with demonstrated success.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A “big picture” thinker who can manage small details accurately and brings solid analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Engaging presence and strong ability to build authentic relationships with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Ability to work with people with different personalities and work styles within his/her team and among different teams.
- Outstanding attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks/deadlines.
- Demonstrated success in project management and cross-functional roles/projects.
- Demonstrated experience and success in manipulating and analyzing data to drive revenue-generating results.
- Experience effectively working in a cross-functional manner with teams who have interwoven, yet different goals.
- Entrepreneurial-minded, coupled with an energetic and positive spirit, flexibility, a sense of humor, and a willingness to jump into any role at a moment’s notice.
- Demonstrated experience presenting Key Performance Indicators with strategic recommendations to senior-level management.
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.