What are we looking for?
The Receiver is responsible for shipping, receiving, staging and moving product within the warehouse. This is typically done safely and efficiently, using a pallet jack or manual movement of smaller loads. If this is you, apply with us today!
- Primary duties consist of shipping and receiving functions involving removing products, raw materials, supplies or other inventory to and from large trucks.
- Routines include sorting, stacking, shelving and maintaining organized inventory, particularly during peak demand. Responsible for keeping the warehouse organized, clean and orderly.
- Verifies the daily plan, delivery expectations, and any immediate needs to prepare for inbound or outbound inventory movement.
- Understands the material requirements, movement routines and deliveries.
- Loads and unload products from trailers, dock or storage areas using pallet jacks and other material handling equipment
- Examines product content, comparing with inventory records, and orders to verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Verifies product received against shipping document and notes discrepancies.
- May transport items from the warehouse or freezer to various departments. Store the products in their proper places in warehouse.
- Exercises extreme care and safety when using a pallet jack.
- Uses computer skills and data entry experience to enter data into an inventory control data management computer system.
- Delivers products to various departments or staging areas in safe and timely manner.
- Adheres to and promotes proper GMP’s when working within food production areas or handling food products.
- Cleans the work area and equipment, regularly removing empty pallets, wood and plastic. Securely wraps pallets before shipment.
- Follows company standards and legal regulations to ensure safe and positive work atmosphere.
- Follows all required safe work and food safety practices. This includes wearing the required PPE in designated areas.
- Corrects and/or reports any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- May complete a variety of routine admin tasks associated with the work. Performs other duties as needed.
- Minimum 1- 2 years of experience in a warehouse or food production environment
- Minimum 1-year experience completing inventory counts, admin tasks or data entry
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior HACCP certification, Food Handler, Serve Safe and other certification desirable
- Experience working in a time-sensitive environment, with a good demeanor
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter who will be responsible for common routines.
- Ability to read, count, follow basic instructions and apply basic math skills
- Able to work as a team and individually to accomplish the work
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.