Warehouse Lead (PM Shift)
Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Stafford, TX
- Starting Pay: $18/hour
- Job Schedule: Monday – Friday,: 11:00 AM – 8:30 PM
The Warehouse Lead will coordinate and execute all shipping/receiving/warehouse priorities and procedures under the general guidance of the Warehouse Manager. They will serve as the primary contact for all warehouse floor activities. They motivate and lead a team to complete the work. The Warehouse Lead supports production departments and ensures that hot food, cold food, snacks, breakfasts, beverages and condiment orders are fulfilled and staged accurately for all routes prior to leaving the site. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Support daily start-up activities, verifying the processing plan, deliveries, packing slips and specific t-tags against packing slips to ensure efficient product staging.
- Responsible for meeting daily cooking, assembly runs, staging and thawing needs in a chilled food facility.
- Verifies the daily plan, deliveries, and any immediate needs that are needed to prepare for inbound or outbound inventory movement of products, raw materials, supplies or other inventory to and from large trucks, docks and warehouse staging or storage areas. Monitors food safety by verifying and updating temperature logs.
- Gives instruction to team members to cover all shipping, receiving and movement of inventory. Understands the material requirements, delivery expectations, movement routines and equipment needs.
- Consistently monitors the performance of team members in the critical success areas: Safety, Quality, Food Handling, Efficiency/accuracy and service level. Maintains a high level of floor presence to meet expectations.
- Establishes routines that may include communicating performance expectations, plan of the day, coaching, and safety. May double check loads for accuracy. Serves as the liaison for communicating matters between dispatch, production team and management.
- Sets the tone to establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication within and outside of the department.
- Observes and assist with loading and unloading of products from trailers, dock or storage areas using forklift trucks, pallet jacks and other material handling equipment. Responsible for examining product content, comparing information to verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Routines include sorting, stacking, shelving, packing, wrapping, tying, and labeling products per company procedures, and maintaining organized inventory, particularly during peak demand.
- May transport items from the warehouse or freezer to various departments or the dock. Complies with all state and federal Health and Safety codes.
- Ensures products are stored in their proper places in warehouse and enforces FIFO practices with team members, particularly with attention to dairy products. Ensure team exercises extreme care and safety when using a forklift in populated areas.
- Uses computer skills to enter data into an inventory control data management computer system. May assist with preparing a variety of inventory related reports or documents.
- Follows company standards and legal regulations to ensure a safe and positive work atmosphere. May be responsible for coaching, observing and assisting with job related injury reporting.
- Supports our green waste program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for.
- Adheres to and promotes proper GMP’s when working within food production areas or handling food products.
- Ensures team conducts daily safety checks on forklifts before using them. Identifies, documents and reports faulty equipment, damage, and safety concerns immediately. May put forklift on the battery charger at the end of shift.
- Keeps the work area and equipment clean, regularly removing empty pallets, wood and plastic.
- Follows all required safe work and food safety practices. This includes proper stacking and securely wrapping pallets, wearing a seat belt on a forklift and that all team members wear required PPE in designated areas.
- Corrects and/or reports any food safety and food quality related issues to QA and/or management immediately.
- May complete a variety of routine admin and reporting tasks associated with the work and other duties as needed.
- Minimum 1- 2 years of experience in a food warehouse, distribution or food production environment.
- Experience in a leadership or supervisory role in a fast-paced food related environment is preferred.
- Experience accomplishing and leading the work thru other team members is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience using basic math skills, completing inventory counts, admin tasks or data entry.
- Good communication, demeanor and interpersonal relations skills.
- Prior forklift operating experience and certification helpful.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts and weekend work.
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve, while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, communication, customer service skills, and an ability to effectively lead other team members. A proven history of punctuality is essential.
- Attention to detail required. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and work with others to accomplish the work.
- Ability to read, count, follow basic instructions and apply basic math skills.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, work well with others and participate as part of a team.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.