As the impacts of COVID-19 rapidly evolve, we want to keep you up to date on how Revolution Foods is continuing to support our communities and families in this time of need operating as an “essential business”. Every day brings new partnerships and collaborations to ensure no one goes hungry during this pandemic.
Why join Revolution Foods?
We specialize in building lifelong healthy eaters through making kid inspired, chef-crafted, and kid-approved food accessible to all. We pride ourselves on nourishing our communities in partnership with schools and after school youth programs across the nation, providing over 2 million healthy meals weekly to students. With our challenging yet fun environment, watch your career develop while making a difference!
As more communities and major cities across the U.S. shutter their schools for an indefinite period, we’ve pivoted to provide emergency healthy meals for children, families and seniors who might otherwise lack adequate nutrition. Come join the team helping to make a difference in our communities!
Call to Action!
We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members who provide excellent customer service in all they do. Working as part of a team, our Loaders are responsible for picking orders, palletizing, loading and unloading products and/or cases, and working any station or line that is assigned. They work anywhere in the Load-out or Cooler areas that may be assigned, to stage meals, snacks and beverage each shift for school lunch programs in local schools. They also assist with any additional responsibilities necessary for the production and distribution of the meals. If this is you, apply with us today!
Other responsibilities include:
- Routine production, assembly line and packaging tasks.
- Assist with the overall efficiency of the factory which may include setup, startup, staging raw materials, assembly, production, loading, labeling, stacking, sorting, preparing for shipping, and other miscellaneous routine tasks.
- Help keep the production and warehouse areas organized, neat and clean.
- Responsible for pulling products for customer orders.
- Perform freight handling using appropriate manual equipment
- May use hand-held tracking device to scan products for inventory accountability, or conduct manual counts to ensure the accurate amount of product is confirmed prior to loading
- Mark the paperwork properly when making adjustments for product shortages.
- Keep accurate records on load sheets, inventory sheets, scrap sheets, and computerized equipment.
- Ensure proper code date rotation. Report any product/packaging issues.
- Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
- May be required to rack products, de-box materials, assemble food products and meals, break down boxes and containers.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilize continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices. Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- At this level, tasks may be routine and repetitive within any of the food production or warehouse departments.
- May participate in change overs, washing down lines, sanitizing work spaces, assisting with monthly inventory counts, sorting, staging.
- Maintain a food safe environment, complying with State, Federal and Revolution Foods food safety policies.
- Ensure the garbage and recycling is disposed of daily and the receptacles are cleaned and sanitized. Support our “Green Waste” program insuring all waste is separated.
- Observes a safety-first environment, free of hazards to include a dry floor, proper floor drain coverage and proper knife or equipment use and storage.
- Establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency and effective communication with all team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Entry level position.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced fresh food handling environment is preferred.
- Experience working in a time-sensitive environment.
- Ability to routinely work in a chilled, damp, factory environment of around 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Experience working as part of a team to achieve results
- Ability to read, write and speak basic English.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,
- Knowledge of safe and proper food handling procedures and knife handling is preferred
- Committed to the Revolution Foods mission that all children will have access to nutritious, tasty food to support the development of healthy minds and bodies
- Able to physically perform requirements of job and lift up to 50 pounds
- Works well with others and participates as part of a team to achieve results.
- This is a temporary role. The assignment could last up to 90 days, with the potential to be shortened or extended, dependent on business needs.
- This is an hourly, entry level role starting at $9.00/hr.
- Hours worked per week are 30 hours or less.
- The shift days for this role would fall between Monday through Friday.
- The shift hours for this role would fall between 6:00am to 2:00pm.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.