Looking to work for a revolutionary, mission-driven organization that generates positive impacts in our communities? Then Revolution Foods may be the organization for you! We specialize in building lifelong healthy eaters through making kid inspired, chef crafted, and kid approved food accessible to all. We pride ourselves on nourishing our communities in partnership with schools and after school youth programs across the nation, providing over 2 million healthy meals weekly to students. With our challenging yet fun environment, watch your career develop while making a difference!
Why join Revolution Foods?
At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods which provides healthy family meals across the nation!
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- Five (5) paid holidays and five (5) paid vacation days for full-time employees
- Free daily meals for all of our employees
What we are looking for?
The Materials Handler (“Linebacker) is responsible for counting and staging raw materials for use on the production lines for the same day or next day production. The Linebacker is expected to be an active participant in all aspects of the Production and Pack out, departments from food and material supplies, preparation, and pack out to cleanup. Monitor and inspect raw food products for quality and bring issues to the attention of management. The Linebacker will maintain proper rotation of products at all times. They will support the Department Manager with tasks associated with next day production. They will maintain the cleanliness of the floors in the staging and work areas. They will participate in the clean-up after production.
- Receiving products, raw materials and supplies from the warehouse or kitchen staff for use in the Production and Pack-out departments.
- Supports the administrative processes of Revolution Foods HACCP program, maintaining temperature and waste logs.
- Verifies what is needed for the daily plan.
- Responsible for weighing and accurately counting items or units to be used in Production.
- Verifies the daily plan for product, supply and menu items needed for up to 1 week in advance.
- Understands the material and food handling requirements, movement routines, quality product and what good looks like.
- Coordinates the planning and ordering of products for Pack-out.
- Monitors food quality standards at all times.
- Responsible for double checking counts, proper staging, labeling and placement of unused products or waste.
- Supports the green waste compost and recycling program.
- Open cases and stage products to easily unload and supply products for use on production lines. May use pallet jacks and other material handling equipment or move lighter loads manually.
- Responsible for examining product content for qualify. Ensure partial cases are used before newer product. Assists with packout of finished products, stacking, sorting, and racking products.
- Responsible for proper inventory counts, proper stock rotation, stock levels, documenting product rejections, proper storage and moving products into the WIP or Production storage areas.
- Assists with changeovers, cleaning and sanitizing of production lines. Uses computer skills and data entry experience to enter data into an inventory control data management computer system.
- Adheres to and promotes proper GMP’s when working within food production areas or handling food products.
- Responsible to clean the work area and equipment, regularly removing empty pallets, wood and plastic.
- May stage rolling racks of food products and organize loading on delivery trucks using pallet jacks.
- Follows all required safe work and food safety practices. This includes wearing the required PPE in designated areas.
- Corrects and/or reports any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Minimum 1- 2 years of experience in a food production or food warehouse environment
- Minimum 1-year experience completing inventory counts, admin tasks or data entry
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Prior HACCP certification, Food Handler, ServSafe and other certification desirable
- Experience working in a time-sensitive environment, with a good demeanor
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.