Details of Position
- This is a Full-Time position
- Location: Edison, NJ
- Job Schedule: Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Starting Pay: $15.50 per hour
- Position is immediately available
The Cook Supervisor is responsible for the Kitchen/Cooking department and is tasked with driving their team to meet all KPI’s and goals in Safety, Quality, and Production standards. They lead a team for start-up, verifying the processing plan and ensuring the efficient day-to-day preparation and cooking of fresh products that are part of the planned processing run in a food facility. The Cook Supervisor also fulfills all bulk food cooking production needs of the business while ensuring accuracy of recipes and food safety compliance. They actively supervise all aspects of the kitchen, from staging and prep, to cooking and cleanup, making sure all steps are administered timely and efficiently, and that they are consistent with the Revolution Foods HACCP program. We are looking for reliable, hardworking team members – if this is you, apply with us today!
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Verifies the daily plan, and oversees any immediate needs in regard to staging, food preparation, cooking, finished product, or other inventory
- Oversees the department and team members as they cook and use equipment such as steamers, fryers, ovens, mixers, kettles, etc. to cook and heat food.
- Demonstrates a complete knowledge of bulk kitchen equipment including, but not limited to, operating kettles, henny penny’s, and Baxter ovens.
- Ensures food quality standards by executing SOP from start to finish, including tasting the final product.
- Maintains a high level of floor presence (90%+) to meet expectations.
- Consistently monitors the performance of team members in four critical success areas: Safety, Quality, Cook Time/Yield and Service Level.
- Establishes routines that may include communicating; performance expectations, daily plan, priorities, work progress, coaching, safety, prior day results, scheduling, over-time or reduced scheduling needs, etc. Keeps management updated on status of tasks and issues.
- Stages raw materials, unboxes product, oversees batch preparation, and completes HACCP and GMP documentation to maximum performance and efficiency. Maintains stock and allergen controls, as well as quality product delivery. Reports any delays as compared to plans.
- Ensures full compliance with food safety, kitchen safety, quality, and processing requirements while directing team members.
- Controls downtime by informing processing workers of routine interruptions, monitoring compliance, and documenting downtime.
- Executes SOP’s of company recipes, cooking quantities based off the daily production plans, and cooking and issuing the final product to the expediting team. Coordinates resources to execute production according to the production plan.
- Coordinates and observes the work area to ensure all items pre and post products are cooked thoroughly, within temperature and texture expectations, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Reports defective product, units or questionable conditions to management and documents this information, as required.
- Notifies maintenance department of any mechanical concerns or errors, including audible warning alarms or lights.
- Develops, trains and demonstrates proper procedures and protocols to employees, including using the emergency shut-off in case of emergency or necessary stop.
- May complete a variety of routine admin tasks related to the work that could include copying, printing forms, filling out routine KPI’s, and miscellaneous reports.
- Follows all required safe work practices and models safe work practices. This includes proper lifting, following SOP procedures, lockout tag-out requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas.
- Sets the tone to establish a culture of respect, hard work, consistency, quality and effective communication within the department, and outside of the department.
- Ensures team members exercise extreme care and safety when using equipment.
- Supports our Green Waste compost and recycling program, ensuring waste products are properly sorted and accounted for. May complete a variety of other duties as needed.
- 2-4 years of Culinary experience in a food production leadership role.
- Previous experience in a food factory, high volume flight kitchen or school feeding operation is preferred.
- A culinary related degree or certification in HACCP, Serve Safe, Food handlers, or other related area is preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced food related environment with changing priorities.
- Experience achieving positive results through leading team members.
- Experience using strong math skills to convert recipe yields and calculate percentages.
- Ability to motivate others and work well as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to read and write English.
- Ability to read, count, follow basic instructions, complete reports, read and apply basic math skills in English.
- Able to work a flexible schedule, covering varied shifts and weekend work.
- Demonstrated ability to be an assertive self-starter who is responsible for starting up equipment timely and efficiently. Goal-driven with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to set priorities and problem-solve while working under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Good communication, demeanor and interpersonal relations skills.
- Advance knowledge of safe and proper knife handling, kitchen equipment and utensil use.
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and the ability to enter data routinely.
Physical Requirements Include, but are not Limited to:
- Ability to stand frequently.
- Ability to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to bend, twist, and perform hand and arm motions.
- Ability to work in refrigerated environment.
Why join Revolution Foods?
Do work that matters supporting the mission of Revolution Foods, which provides healthy meals across the nation! At Revolution Foods we value our employees and provide access to great benefits, pay, and opportunity, including:
- Medical, dental, & vision plan options for full time employees
- Company paid life insurance coverage for full-time employees
- 5 paid holidays and 5 paid vacation days for full-time employees
Revolution Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We make employment decisions based on merit and the Company’s business needs. In accordance with all applicable laws, the Company prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), gender, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.