Analytical Lab Technician
PRIMARY EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVE
Performs specific procedures and tests to produce reliable and precise data. Evaluates test results using relevant information and individual judgment to determine compliance with standards and test objectives. Communicates results and analysis through verbal, written and formal reports. This position will manage workload prioritization, ensure timelines are met; results and analyses are clear, accurate, well documented and appropriately reported.
Specific Essential Functions
- Maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing and calibration optical, electronic and mechanical laboratory test equipment and analysis tools to ensure all equipment in the lab is functioning properly for each test.
- Actively support quality improvement efforts.
- Improve measurement capability by identifying and reducing source of variation.
- Must understand the basic functioning of the lab, ensuring all rules, regulations, safety procedures and proper equipment operations are followed.
- Execution of tests in a manner that is repeatable and accurate, assuring work quantity and quality by requiring strict adherence to methods and procedures.
- Detailed reporting of test results and observations in accordance with ISO 17025. Identifying information by categorizing, estimating, recognizing differences or similarities, and detecting changes in circumstances or events.
- Manage, when required, the entire test process for customer required tests, e.g. APEL recertification, to include gathering of samples for internal and 3rd party testing, performing the internal tests, coordinate with the 3rd party labs for test results and other tasks as needed.
- Evaluate performance of product tests and inspections for compliance to standards and benchmarks.
- Analysis of test results for significant trends that may lead to failure or product improvement in the future.
- Train other associates and adapt, as needed, methods and procedures to meet the needs of the work area.
- Provide technical support and guidance to Lab customers regarding appropriate testing, and interpretation of results, to include suggestions to improve product performance as applicable.
- Monitoring information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of experience in manufacturing and/or laboratory environment, protective eyewear experience a plus.
- Knowledge of physical principles, laws and their interrelationships.
- Knowledge of analytical test equipment, hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize job demands, in a fast paced work environment.
- A can-do, customer-centric attitude is a necessity.
- Motivated and creative problem solver.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to make mathematical computations using arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus and statistics.
- Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook specifically).
- Position requires U.S. Government Authorization.
Work environment (include physical requirements)
· Office, laboratory and manufacturing environment.