Manufacturing Operator - Monday thru Friday / 1st Shift 6:00am -2:30pm / 2nd Shift 2:00pm - 10:30pm / 3rd Shift 10:00pm - 6:30am
PRIMARY EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES
The Manufacturing Operator performs a variety of manufacturing processes such as inspection, assembly, tracking and packing various products associated with our Protective Product Group Systems.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Operator will be working in a manufacturing team environment ensuring all assigned work procedures are compliant with our written work instructions, quality standards and guidelines, or directions from supervisors or leads. Additional work duties to include compliance with general manufacturing housekeeping standards, safety rules and regulations and the flexibility to work on new assignments and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform visual inspections on lenses for cosmetic defects per inspection criteria.
- Ability/knowledge to identify and use various lens templates and eye loops.
- Ability to pass lens inspection training as required
- Ability to work in a clean room environment and rotate work stations
- Ability to use tracking sheets/labels and systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Quality Control and Quality Inspection experience is a plus.
- Ability to perform visual inspections for cosmetic defects per inspection criteria.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be good with numbers and capable of writing legibly to fulfill documentation of production quantities on work orders. Recording numbers and completing paperwork accurately is important
- Must be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers in various roles within the manufacturing department.
- Position requires US Government authorization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work environment (include physical requirements)
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.