MFG Op 3 - Mold Technician
PRIMARY EMPLOYMENT OBJECTIVES
The Manufacturing Operator 3 performs a variety of critical activities associated with coating, molding and Fabrication while also supporting the functions and positions of manufacturing and fabrication processes associated with our Protective Product Group Systems.
SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Operator will be working in a manufacturing team environment ensuring all assigned work procedures are compliant with our written work instructions, quality standards and guidelines, or directions from supervisors or leads. Additional work duties to include compliance with general manufacturing housekeeping standards, safety rules and regulations and the flexibility to work on new assignments and miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform all the duties and responsibilities of Manufacturing Operator 1 & 2
- Ability to analyze data and use critical measurement tools for chemicals and lenses
- Ability to work with raw materials such as coating chemicals and polycarbonate resins
- Ability to use critical thinking to edit, troubleshoot and adjust computer programs and recipes
- Ability to work with manufacturing metrics and accurately report results.
- Ability to perform machine and line set ups for a variety of lens products and process specifications.
- Ability to communicate maintenance and engineering needs in a clear and concise manner
- Mechanically inclined
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Quality Control and Quality Inspection experience is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read blue print drawings, specification sheets and use measuring devices
- Computer skills needed: Word, Excel, and basic CNC machine set ups
- Experience in creating and posting daily manufacturing dashboard metrics
- Must be willing to work in a team environment and assist co-workers in various roles within the manufacturing department.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, including prioritization of work.
- Lean process improvement experience is a plus
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work environment (include physical requirements)
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.