Regional Sales Manager
Position Summary: The US Regional Sales Manager will be the key individual responsible for growing the ARTAS robot install base within the defined territory. This objective encompasses profiling and selecting the best prospects through multiple marketing channels that include tradeshows, workshops, demographic research, cold calling and networking with established relationships in the territory.
This individual will have a defined exclusive territory in the United States and will be responsible for coordinating all the sales functions with other Restoration Robotics field personnel include the Clinical Training Managers (CTM), Practice Success Managers (PSM) and Field Service Engineer (FSE) as necessary. The individual will coordinate with marketing, clinical, service, regulatory, and other departments to facilitate growth and expansion in this region.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Expert at presenting the complete ARTAS business model during in‐person sales consultations, clinic visits, workshops, tradeshows and during peer to peer interactions.
- Responsible for selecting new sales opportunities while carefully profiling the “best fit” individuals and clinics that match the ARTAS defined profile. This includes but not limited to Dermatologists, Plastic Surgeons, Cosmetic Surgeons and other aesthetic and cosmetic physicians.
- Develop accurate sales forecasting on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Responsible for working with the marketing and PSM teams to facilitate regional marketing activities to develop sales leads.
- Exceed top line revenue goals and other key performance indicators that align with the regional and national strategies and gross margin contribution while working within the sales pricing parameters.
- Build and strengthen value‐add relationships with Restoration Robotics channel partners and collaborate to develop tactics for penetrating key accounts to mutually grow sales.
- Embrace and master Restoration Robotics’ “4 Pillar” sales approach and comprehensive expert sales presentation.
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency in professional point of sales skills, proposal selling, and objection handling to close business.
- Leverage sales tools and best practices to present to customers while increasing sales productivity and successfully close sales opportunities.
- Completely utilize the SF.COM CRM for account planning, leads, and opportunities, while nurturing pipeline and providing reliable business intelligence to Restoration Robotics.
- Submit all necessary paperwork, including travel itineraries, trip reports, activity reports, monthly reports expense, and service reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Establish a communication schedule with Vice President to exchange information on daily and weekly activities.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or business studies preferred or relevant work experience; experience with complex capital equipment, devices and software-based systems required.
- Minimum of seven to ten years of related experience in the aesthetic medical market with new innovative products.
- Previous experience in the medical device and/or aesthetics industry; previously have served in a field-based sales manager function with a primary emphasis on regional sales and revenue.
- Proven success in developing and growing medical aesthetic sales in a large region.
- Proven success in developing/pioneering new medical procedures and selling in new and established sales market channels.
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’.
- Capable of hands on problem‐solving, with ability to generate ideas and solutions.
- Strong communication skills in all forms including written, oral, email, telephone, and presentation.
- Ability to use own initiative and pay close attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- A positive attitude to dealing with people.
- Capable of working independently and having responsibility as an individual.
- Ability to travel within assigned region >70% of the time.
- Self‐starter, highly organized; works well with all functional levels in the organization.
- High level of business management and facilitation skills.
- Capability to resolve complex problems with minimum of confusion, frustration and inconveniences for all parties concerned.
- Extensive background and experience in managing complex and lengthy sales cycles with physicians and surgeons.
- Demonstrated aptitude and results in driving a novel aesthetic surgery-based platform.
- Ability to effectively present information to management, business partners and end user/customers.
- Strong market analysis, strategic planning, leadership and teambuilding skills.
- Customer focused; action‐oriented; building team spirit; self‐development; creativity and innovation; problem solving; ethics and values.