Senior Software Engineer - Machine Vision
Position: Senior Software Engineer
Reports to:Manager, Robotics Automation
Location: San Jose, CA
Classification:Regular, Fulltime, Exempt
Position Summary: The Senior Software Engineer will be working in a highly sophisticated medical device application, encompassing many different areas including but not limited to: software architecture, 3D/2D computer vision, machine learning, robotics, visualization and workflow. The candidate will be responsible for developing new applications and features, improving system workflow and usability, maintaining existing product and addressing anomalies. The candidate will be a self-starting engineer and feel comfortable in a dynamic working environment.
- Analyze requirements, design and implement software components for a hair transplant system. Break down concept and large/complex problems into achievable and measurable goals.
- Work with team members to define standards and best practices for design, coding and testing.
- Work on fast paced, high quality, iterative projects.
- Troubleshoot software and system issues and provide technical support.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience in a related field.
- Experience in robotics and working in a regulated medical device field is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in software development with C++/C#/.NET framework.
- Hands on experience with computer vision and machine learning.
- Deep understanding of stereoscopic 3D, feature extraction, and real time tracking.
- Knowledge of software engineering concepts (design patterns, multi-threading, agile development, real time systems).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals; strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Windows platform, MS Visual Studio, Open CV, Intel IPP, MATLAB is a plus.