Director of Technical Customer Support
Resonate is disrupting the marketing and advertising landscape with cutting-edge technology that brings together real-time survey data and insights on over 200 million consumers and online behavioral data all in one platform. With our proprietary AI & Machine learning infrastructure at the center, Resonate has pioneered a completely new way to identify, understand, and engage highly targeted audiences. With Resonate, large brands and agencies are finally getting to the heart of ‘why’ consumers do what they do and the products, companies and causes they support.
We have a technology culture that excels at results, values collaboration and loves solving hard problems. We are a team of voracious learners who believe that technology is a journey, not a destination and we actively support ongoing education and experimentation.
The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced, start-up environment and possesses a natural bent towards innovative thinking and making an impact. They must also possess excellent communication and organizational skills that are expected from any strong product managers. If you are an engaged team-player and like to break innovative new ground, we want to hear from you.
We value team members who are creative, focused, collaborative, and technically curious. We are looking for people who have opinions, share ideas, and know how to get work done.
If working with data sets and clients who are leading the charge on the next generation of the internet economy is your thing, then we should talk.
About the Position
We are looking for a leader to support Resonate’s clients by managing the Customer Success Operations Team. As the leader of this team, you will be responsible for overseeing direct reports who handle the end-to-end lifecycle of customer data integrations, tagging strategies, data onboarding, and advanced deliverables, including Professional Services. This position is responsible for the issue resolution process. You will provide support to the Customer Success Team as they receive technical client questions regarding Resonate’s Products suite including Data, Tagging, Managed Service and will collaborate across multiple internal stakeholders including customer success, sales, product management, and engineering to answer and resolve questions. With a strong understanding of the digital ecosystem and an ability to blend technical knowledge and guide clients, the successful candidate will lead all our product support operations.
This person will also build a cross-trained, metrics based team that works in partnership with Product and Engineering on prioritization and escalation.
Successful candidates will:
- Serve as a central owner for incoming technical issues/requests and data questions and be responsible for prioritizing, investigating, and resolving the support requests
- Have an analytical mindset - history of solving problems in a data driven environment without getting bogged down in data paralysis
- Act as liaison between Product, Engineering, and Customer Success to ensure consistent and clear communication related to product issues, incidents, and disruptions
- Partner with the Customer Success Management and Analyst teams to develop, implement, and document workflow processes and procedures to improve efficiency and accuracy of the department and improve customer request turnaround times
- Oversee the Customer Success Operations Team including tagging, integrations and custom projects/Professional Services
- Develop a deep knowledge of Resonate product methodology and capabilities
- Lead troubleshooting of client support requests on product and data issues and drive support request to full resolution, including direct ownership of data/technical investigation
- Route tickets (if necessary) that require additional support across key stakeholders including engineering, product management, external vendors/partners, and customer success. Own management and communication of the issue through full resolution.
- Clearly communicate complex technical concepts to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify trends & themes across issues and questions asked; suggest and implement new information sets, processes, and tools to improve efficiencies of both external and internal clients
- Help Customer Success teams to be more successful by developing and building best practices, FAQ’s, contributing to the Knowledge Base as necessary, and internal training resources
- Collaborate with product and engineering to identify and resolve the issues’ underlying root cause
- Use strong leadership and problem-solving skills to assist with the daily operation of the Customer Success organization
- Lead process improvement processes including company by-in, new software tools, and existing tool improvements to support product and data operations needs
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative subject such as Data Analytics, Statistics, Engineering, Economics, Computer Science, or commensurate experience in related field.
- 5 years of professional experience in data analysis and problem solving with Big Data
- 2 years of management experience
- Ability to think creatively and solve complex data analysis and data QA problems. Comfortable operating with ambiguous problems and juggling a few investigations across complex systems at a time
- Action and detail-oriented with the ability to work fluently with large and diverse datasets
- Proficient in the ability to query and analyze data sets across data software frameworks such as SQL, Scala, AWS.
- Experience with technologies such as HTML, HTTP, and being well-versed in the technology and operation of programmatic ad buying platforms (DSPs) is essential.
- Experience with data analysis and/or business intelligence software such as Splunk, Grafana, or similar quantitative reporting tools nice to have
- Excellent verbal, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Excellent interpersonal skills and able to manage multiple strategic relationships.
- Self-motivation and strong communication skills are both must haves
- The nature of the team’s dynamics will require an individual that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members, as well as complete tasks individually as assigned
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to handle stress and remain calm and productive under unexpected pressures
- Experience working with Salesforce
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel
- Nice to have: CSQA, CAST, CMSQ certified
Resonate is a pioneer in Consumer Intelligence Marketing, delivering deep consumer understanding, dynamic insights and analysis in a simple-to-use SaaS platform. Leading consumer brands, advertising agencies and political and advocacy organizations have used Resonate to understand the Human Element, a holistic understanding of their customers and prospects, that extends beyond demographics, psychographics and behavioral data. We uncover the why that drives the what behind consumers’ decisions to buy or support certain brands, products or causes. Resonate conducts the most extensive U.S. consumer survey and the Resonate Platform contains insights on more than 13,000 attributes representing 185 million U.S. adult consumers.
Resonate offers a unique opportunity to people who want to grow and shape the future of the industry. We’ve been named a Top Workplace by both The Washington Post and VA Business Magazine multiple times. We’ve also been recognized for our consistent growth as part of the Inc. 5000 list five years in a row and by industry-leaders for our game-changing approach to understanding people.
Resonate is privately held and backed by Revolution Growth, Greycroft Partners, and iNovia Capital. Resonate is headquartered in Reston, VA with offices in New York City, and Washington, D.C. Be a part of the team that changes the industry!
Find out more about our story at www.resonate.com.
Resonate offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.