Accounts Receivable / Billing Specialist
Resonate is disrupting the marketing and advertising landscape with cutting-edge technology that brings together real-time survey data and insights on over 200 million consumers and online behavioral data all in one platform. Resonate has pioneered a completely new way to identify, understand, and engage highly-targeted audiences by uncovering 7,000 individual attributes that identify their underlying values, beliefs, and motivations. We get to the heart of ‘why’ consumers do what they do and the products, companies and causes they support.
We are seeking a smart, professional, highly-productive Accounts Receivable / Billing Specialist to join our Accounting team. The Accounts Receivable / Billing Specialist ensures accurate and timely recording of customer invoices in a fast-paced environment so that revenue is accurately recognized and payments received promptly. This will be ideal for someone who desires to learn and grow their knowledge of the day-to-day functions of Accounts Receivable.
- Prepare and send monthly invoices timely in Salesforce (Accounting Seed)
- Manage Salesforce generated invoices at mid and month end for accurate revenue recognition and billing
- Research and resolve any discrepancies identified in monthly billing numbers and explain variances.
- Manage new assigned customer agreements submitted to accounting for billing and revenue recognition
- Support tracking of client contracts
- Respond to customer communications and address customer issues timely
- Assist with entering invoices into third-party electronic billing portals
- Prepare monthly billing reconciliations
- Maintain all customer payment, receipt and other transaction records.
- Solicits payment/receipt on overdue accounts.
- Follow up timely with customers on outstanding invoices and manage the collections process
- Assist with managing the AR Aging
- Prepare and review credit memos as needed
- Assist with monthly and year-end closing
- Assist with various accounting/finance projects
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- 3+ years of general accounting or billing experience. Working towards a degree in a business-related field or B.S in Accounting a plus.
- Results-driven, hard-working, detailed-oriented with attention to accuracy, and quick learner
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (e.g. Vlookup, pivot tables, conditional formatting, etc.)
- Must be organized, with good time management skills to meet critical deadlines
- Outstanding interpersonal communication, and business partnering skills with demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and at various levels within a company.
- Ability to multitask efficiently and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Resonate offers the largest proprietary understanding of US consumers. We help B2C marketers understand and engage the right people with the right message with precision and scale. Our SaaS solutions and managed media services accelerate the ability to understand, activate, and measure customers and prospects in real-time, driving successful ‘always on’ strategy and execution.
Resonate offers a unique opportunity to people who want to grow and shape the future of the industry. We’ve been named a Top Workplace by both The Washington Post and VA Business Magazine multiple times over the years. We’ve also been recognized for our consistent growth as part of the Inc. 5000 list five years in a row and by industry-leaders for our game-changing approach to understanding people.
Resonate is privately held and backed by Revolution Growth, Greycroft Partners, and iNovia Capital. Resonate is headquartered in Reston, VA with offices in New York City, and Washington, D.C. Be a part of the team that changes the industry!
Find out more about our story at www.resonate.com.
Resonate offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.