Mid-level Software Engineer
Mid-level Software Engineer
Resonate is disrupting the marketing and advertising landscape with cutting-edge technology that brings together real-time survey data and insights on over 230 million consumers and online behavioral data all in one platform. Resonate has pioneered a completely new way to identify, understand, and engage highly targeted audiences by uncovering 13,000 individual attributes that identify their underlying values, beliefs, and motivations. We get to the heart of ‘why’ consumers do what they do and the products, companies and causes they support.
As a software engineer, you will be working as a member of our Data Integration Engineering team to jointly design and implement product features. This is an ideal job if you are an engineer who wants to be part of an intensely skilled team, values total ownership of your work, and can’t imagine a day without coding.
If you are a skilled developer, with professional experience with full-stack technologies, and distributed systems we want to speak to you! We're looking for a creative, focused, technically curious individual who enjoys both designs as well as working hands-on with the code.
- Code full-stack features from the database up through (and including) the UI
- Design and develop Spring-based microservices, as part of an agile/scrum team
- Support and maintain existing features, debugging throughout the stack, and applying fixes in a timely manner
- Apply best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Design and develop API’s using RESTful principles
- Design and develop UI components as part of a single page application
- Write unit, integration, and full end-to-end tests for new features
- Participate in the release of new features to production
- Work with product managers and other engineers to implement and document complex and evolving requirements
- Act as on-call high-availability support for triage/bug fixing periodically throughout the year
Required Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor' degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 4+ years of Java development experience
- 2+ years of development experience using the following: Enterprise JavaBeans, Spring Boot, Spring Web Services, Java Spring Framework
- Experience developing RESTful web services Java restful web services and JSON
- Experience in relational DB table design, implementation, and tuning (pl/SQL, ETL, etc)
- Experience in database integration, especially ORM tools (Hibernate, JPA, etc)
- Experience in build and deployment tools such as Maven or Gradle
- Practical knowledge of OOP/JS design patterns
- Understanding of “12-Factor App” concepts
- Distributed System Development for large-scale applications
- Experience with continuous integration and testing
- Experience with agile methodologies and short release cycles
- Demonstrate strong communication skills, strong attention to detail, good work ethic, and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of Continuous Integration & Continuous Deployment tools and processes
Desired Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS)
- Experience working on a SAAS Product in a commercial environment
- Experience in digital media, online advertising, or reporting/analytical applications
- Experience with large scale SQL databases is a strong plus
- Worked with Postgres DB
- Big data experience with Spark Scala and AWS EMR/EC2
Personal Success Characteristics
Someone who is responsible, focused, organized, enthusiastic, speaks with confidence, has a positive and can-do attitude, a great team player, and someone who loves to explore and learn new technologies.
Resonate is a pioneer in A.I.-driven consumer data & intelligence. The Resonate Ignite Platform™ seamlessly enriches any data with the deepest understanding of the U.S. consumer and then integrates into the marketing ecosystem to drive insights into action. Resonate Elements, our proprietary consumer data set, has more than 13,000 attributes, including the Human Element that describes why consumers choose, buy, or support certain brands, products or causes. Hundreds of leading brands and agencies use Resonate to better understand their customers and prospects and power decision-making from strategy and execution to drive growth and revenue across the customer lifecycle.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Resonate is privately held and backed by Argentum Capital Partners, Revolution Growth, Greycroft Partners and iNovia Capital. Resonate has been named a best place to work for the last 7 years.
Find out more about our story at www.resonate.com.
Resonate offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.