At Resonate we are working hard to disrupt the marketing and advertising landscape forever. We are replacing the slow, incomplete and siloed marketing research and insight tools of the past with modern technology and machine learning to provide a more accurate, comprehensive and real-time view of the US consumers with integrations across the ecosystem.
We have an excellent engineering culture that focuses on results, values collaboration and loves solving hard problems. We are a team of voracious learners who believe that technology is a journey, not a destination and we actively support ongoing education and experimentation.
If using cutting-edge technologies and transforming an industry sounds interesting to you, then we should talk.
About the Position
As a Software Engineer, you will be working as a member of our Data Engineering team to jointly design and implement highly available data services and pipelines. This is an ideal job if you have proven experience as a technical professional and have delivered production systems based on big data solutions.
If you are an engineer passionate for technology who wants to be part of an intensely skilled team, values total ownership of your work, and can’t imagine a day without coding, we want to speak to you! We're looking for a creative, focused, technically curious individual who enjoys both design as well as working hands-on with the code.
- Design and develop data services, as part of an agile/scrum team
- Apply best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Experience in translating high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions.
- Design and develop stream and batch processing data pipelines
- Work with product managers and other engineers to implement and document complex and evolving requirements
Required Skills and Experience
- Expertise in Java or Scala and in-depth knowledge of the JVM
- Expertise in Apache Spark or expertise in Computer Science fundamentals, such as analysis of algorithms
- Expertise in enterprise integration patterns and workflow management
- Experience and practical knowledge of OOP design patterns
- Distributed System Development for large-scale applications
- Experience with continuous integration and testing
- Experience with agile methodologies and short release cycles
- Strong attention to detail, good work ethic, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and good communication skills
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS)
- Experience working on a SAAS Product in a commercial environment
- Experience in digital media, online advertising, or reporting/analytical applications
- Experience with peta-byte scale data warehousing is a strong plus
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree required, e.g. Comp Sci, Engineering, Math
Resonate is a consumer intelligence and activation company that has helped hundreds of clients better understand and more cost-effectively reach consumers. Resonate’s solution leverages its first-party data on consumers’ underlying motivations, values and beliefs—combined with demographic and behavioral data—to help organizations learn what drives consumers’ decisions to support certain brands, political campaigns or causes.
Founded in 2008 and headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Resonate is privately held and backed by Revolution Growth, Greycroft Partners, and iNoviaCapital. Resonate has been named one of the best places to work in VA for the last 5 years.
Find out more about our story at www.resonate.com.
Resonate offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.