Senior Software Engineer - Big Data
Senior Big Data Engineer
Resonate is disrupting the marketing and advertising landscape with cutting-edge technology that brings together real-time survey data and insights on over 230 million consumers and online behavioral data all in one platform. Resonate has pioneered a completely new way to identify, understand, and engage highly targeted audiences by uncovering 13,000 individual attributes that identify their underlying values, beliefs, and motivations. We get to the heart of ‘why’ consumers do what they do and the products, companies and causes they support.
About the Position
As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you will be leading our Data Engineering team to design and implement highly available data services and pipelines. This is an ideal job if you have proven experience as a technical professional and have already led teams to deliver production systems based on big data solutions.
If you are an engineer passionate for technology who wants to lead a mature, intensely skilled team, values total ownership of your work, and can’t imagine a day without coding, we want to speak to you! We're looking for a creative, focused, technically curious individual who enjoys both design as well as working hands-on with the code and mentoring junior employees.
- Lead the design and development of data services, as part of an agile/scrum team
- Apply best practices in continuous integration and delivery
- Work with business Product Managers to translate high-level, ambiguous business goals into working software solutions.
- Design and develop stream and batch processing data pipelines
Required Skills & Experience Requirements
- Expertise in Java and in-depth knowledge of the JVM
- Expertise in Apache Spark or similar technologies
- Expertise in enterprise integration patterns and workflow management
- Experience with cloud technologies (AWS)
- Experience and practical knowledge of OOP design patterns
- Solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- Distributed System Development for large-scale applications
- Experience with continuous integration and testing
- Experience with agile methodologies and short release cycles
- Strong attention to detail, good work ethic, ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and exemplary communication skills
Desired Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Experience working on a SAAS Product in a commercial environment
- Experience in digital media, online advertising, or reporting/analytical applications
- Experience with peta-byte scale data warehousing is a strong plus
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree required, e.g. Comp Sci, Engineering, Math
Resonate is a pioneer in A.I.-driven consumer data & intelligence. The Resonate Ignite Platform™ seamlessly enriches any data with the deepest understanding of the U.S. consumer and then integrates into the marketing ecosystem to drive insights into action. Resonate Elements, our proprietary consumer data set, has more than 13,000 attributes, including the Human Element that describes why consumers choose, buy, or support certain brands, products or causes. Hundreds of leading brands and agencies use Resonate to better understand their customers and prospects and power decision-making from strategy and execution to drive growth and revenue across the customer lifecycle.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Resonate is privately held and backed by Argentum Capital Partners, Revolution Growth, Greycroft Partners and iNovia Capital. Resonate has been named a best place to work for the last 7 years.
Find out more about our story at www.resonate.com.
Resonate offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.