Executive Director, Brand Sales
Resonate is disrupting the consumer insights and marketing landscape with cutting-edge technology that brings together survey-based research, behavioral data, and artificial intelligence to help brands better understand, reach, and ultimately resonate with target consumer segments. Resonate has pioneered a completely new way to identify, understand, and engage highly-targeted audiences leveraging 13,000+ individual attributes that identify their values, beliefs, decision drivers, life stages, brand affinity, and motivations. We not only get to the heart of the ‘why’ consumers do what they do, and why they choose the products, companies, and causes they support, but we also help marketers answer the “so what”.
- Clearly and passionately present Resonate’s software solutions to client-side buyers in data analytics, consumer insights, brand management, and marketing leadership roles.
- Maintain full ownership of your territory/assigned target clients and sales cycles – from lead generation through successful deal close, pulling in necessary resources from Resonate to assist as needed.
- Prospect territory and generate a high volume of quality meetings with viable prospects to build a strong revenue pipeline. Provide regular sales forecasting, sales plans, and other “heads-up” reporting to sales management.
- Qualify prospects based on needs, timing, budget, authority and fit.
- Understand prospect’s/customer’s organization, processes, objectives, challenges, and politics.
- Establish relationships at all levels of prospect’s/customer’s organization and be the primary point of contact to Resonate. Engage in a consultative sales process to understand each customer’s wants/needs/goals in order to determine and communicate where Resonate can deliver maximum value.
- Collaborate with the Resonate solutions engineering, product, and support teams to refine requirements and deliver business solutions.
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- 10+ years of proven success selling software/data solutions to marketers is required, ideally with direct connections to digital/mobile/social ecosystem.
- Strong foundation of contacts & relationships with marketing decision-makers in two or more industry verticals; with a proven ability to open doors and develop/grow new client relationships.
- Successful sales track record at or above quota and demonstrated ability to build and manage a pipeline for systematic success.
- Superb solution and consultative sales skills with the ability to apply creative thinking to the sales process.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Personal Success Characteristics
- Have endless curiosity about clients’ data and business challenges and possess the problem- solving skills to help them find solutions.
- Have a passionate belief that software and good data analytics are game changers for a customer’s business.
- Learn fast, apply what you’ve learned, and build on it methodically to master new skills and insights quickly.
- Have a high level of personal drive and discipline and know how to keep your quality high without compromising your productive outreach.
- Employ a systematic approach to your selling. We don’t need elephant hunters; we need people who work smart every day and produce results consistently, with an open and honest approach to managing and reporting on your pipeline.
- Enjoy being part of a team that collaborates and pushes each other to achieve the very best performance.
Resonate is a pioneer in Consumer Intelligence Marketing, delivering deep consumer understanding, dynamic insights, and analysis in a simple-to-use SaaS platform. Leading consumer brands, advertising agencies and political and advocacy organizations have used Resonate to understand the Human Element, a holistic understanding of their customers and prospects, that extends beyond demographics, psychographics, and behavioral data. We uncover the why that drives the what behind consumers’ decisions to buy or support certain brands, products or causes. Resonate conducts the most extensive U.S. consumer survey and the Resonate Platform contains insights on more than 13,000 attributes representing more than 200 million U.S. adult consumers.
Resonate offers a unique opportunity to people who want to grow and shape the future of the industry. We’ve been named a Top Workplace by both The Washington Post and VA Business Magazine multiple times. We’ve also been recognized for our consistent growth as part of the Inc. 5000 list five years in a row and by industry-leaders for our game-changing approach to understanding people.
Resonate is privately held and backed by Revolution Growth, Greycroft Partners, and iNovia Capital. Resonate is headquartered in Reston, VA with offices in New York City, and Washington, D.C. Be a part of the team that changes the industry!
Find out more about our story at www.resonate.com.
Resonate offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.