Lead Software Engineer - Data Science
Engineering Team Lead - Data Science
Resonate is disrupting the marketing and advertising landscape with cutting-edge technology that brings together real-time survey data and insights on over 230 million consumers and online behavioral data all in one platform. With our proprietary AI & Machine learning infrastructure at the center, Resonate has pioneered a completely new way to identify, understand, and engage highly targeted audiences. With Resonate large brands and agencies are finally getting to the heart of ‘why’ consumers do what they do and the products, companies and causes they support.
We have an excellent engineering culture that focuses on results, values collaboration and loves solving hard problems. We are a team of voracious learners who believe that technology is a journey, not a destination and we actively support ongoing education and experimentation.
If using cutting-edge technologies and transforming an industry sounds interesting to you, then we should talk.
About the Position
In this role you will lead a squad of machine learning engineers dedicated to the development and maintenance of Resonate’s highly available and scalable machine learning pipelines. You will work closely with our Data Scientists, architects, and product leadership to build the next generation of our AI/ML infrastructure. As a senior member of the Engineering team, you will guide the technical design and implementation of new and emerging technologies. In this position, as all positions at Resonate, you are directly connected to the mission of the business and will have a clear and measurable impact on the business are building and the clients we serve.
We value engineers who are creative, focused, collaborative, technically curious, and who enjoy both design as well as working hands-on with the code. We are looking for people who have opinions, share ideas and know how to get work done.
If you are an engineer, with the skills listed below, who values total ownership of your work, can’t imagine a day without coding and who wants to disrupt an industry with technology - please apply.
- Lead ML Engineering team members in advanced modeling techniques and best practices
- Own the design and delivery of Resonate Engineering machine learning models to drive efficient and effective business decisions at scale
- Analyze large and complex data sets to derive valuable insights, inform feature and product development
- Serve as a source of methodological expertise for the broader data science team
- Work in complex technical systems and wrangle data from a wide set of data sources
- Partner closely with business leads across the company to plan and execute on valuable data science projects
- Apply machine learning and data science techniques and design distributed systems
- Drive the evolution of Resonate’s ML/AI infrastructure through research, experimentation and implementation of best practices
- Construct and execute well-organized testing plans that enable us to move faster and smarter
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
- Strong Software Engineering background with emphasis in data science and machine learning
- Fluent in Java, Python, and/or Scala programming languages
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, and sampling methods
- Experience in successfully applying machine learning to real-world problems with large datasets
- Expertise in machine learning spanning supervised and unsupervised learning methods
- Experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data
- Demonstrated leadership and self-direction and willingness to both teach others / learn new techniques
- Demonstrated skills in selecting the right tools given a data analysis problem
- Strong communication skills including the ability to describe complex models and findings to different audiences and stakeholders, from data science peers to business decision makers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Resonate is a pioneer in A.I.-driven consumer data & intelligence. The Resonate Ignite Platform™ seamlessly enriches any data with the deepest understanding of the U.S. consumer and then integrates into the marketing ecosystem to drive insights into action. Resonate Elements, our proprietary consumer data set, has more than 13,000 attributes, including the Human Element that describes why consumers choose, buy, or support certain brands, products or causes. Hundreds of leading brands and agencies use Resonate to better understand their customers and prospects and power decision-making from strategy and execution to drive growth and revenue across the customer lifecycle.
Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Resonate is privately held and backed by Argentum Capital Partners, Revolution Growth, Greycroft Partners and iNovia Capital. Resonate has been named a best place to work for the last 7 years.
Find out more about our story at www.resonate.com.
Resonate offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.