Quality Assurance Engineer
Resolver is now permanently hybrid –that means, you can decide to work in office, remotely or a mix of both depending on your preference! That location you see above is the region you are able to work within.
Resolver is a high-growth SaaS company whose intuitive, no-code platform gives our customers a clear picture of their risks so they can make quick and effective decisions. As a part of the Resolver team, your work will help transform risk management to risk intelligence so organization scan protect people and assets and deliver on their purpose.
We are ambitious in both our mission and our culture. As a business within Kroll, we offer an innovative, non-hierarchical work environment blended with the stability and financial security of an enterprise. Resolver has also been named one of Canada’s Great Places to Work six years in a row
The QE team at Revolver takes responsibility for the quality of our amazing products. They collaborate with our designers and product teams to establish and implement quality standard for our software.
What you will be doing:
Programming and Automation (70%)
Measures of success: improvements to the automation framework, meeting and exceeding automation targets
- Prioritize and participate in test script automation
- Enhance the automation framework
- Improve knowledge of various automation tools and scripting languages
Measures of success: understanding of the software development process, quality of test environments, completion and accuracy of comprehensive test cases, recommendations to increase test coverage
- Maintain and modify the test environment and configuration as needed.
- Author and execute test cases, using defined methodologies for manual and/or automated tests
- Develop test cases and prioritize testing activities
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure resolution of problems
- Review and approve incoming defect reports from other departments
- Creation and review of test designs, test processes, test cases, and test data
- Design scenarios for usability testing and modify environment accordingly
- Recreate software bugs and recovers the testing environment when needed
What you bring:
- Experience in Quality Assurance/as a Software Tester (we're not looking for a specific number of years, we're looking for passion!)
- Familiarity with automation tools and scripting languages (e.g. Coded UI, Webdriver, Scala)
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and documentation skills
- Experience with one or more of HTML, CSS, XML, Visual Basic is an asset
More about You:
- You are not afraid of a challenge are eager to provide solutions to limited varieties of problems of limited scope and complexity
- You love to experiment and take every opportunity to demonstrate self-initiative
- You have excellent troubleshooting, problem-solving, and documentation skills
- You are a collaborator and able to build internal partnerships to achieve results
What we’ll give you in return:
Resolver is one of Canada's Great Workplaces. Culture isn't just something we write about (although we do), we live our values and challenge each other to be our best selves. We invest in Resolverites who will grow with us. Here’s how we do it:
- Health and Wellness Benefits: 100% paid by us for health and dental from day one. And our vision care is every 12 months!
- Professional development: we have an external learning budget to help you grow and develop. We also have e-learning to meet the needs of our Resolverites working remotely. We offer career development opportunities to help you build your skillsets for internal growth opportunities and beyond. We also have a Coaching Program for all our managers. We know how important it is to have a good boss, so we invest in their development.
- Vacation: it's open, which means we don't worry about an accrual clock. On average, we see most folks enjoying between 3-4 weeks off a year.
- Parental leave: Best-in-class top-up for new parents - 100% for 15 weeks new parents and 5 additional weeks of pregnancy leave for birth mothers.
- Flexibility & trust – We enable our team to create a work environment that will set them up for success. We hire adults and we trust you to manage your outcomes. Day-to-day, everyone is given the option to decide whether they want to work remote or in-office depending on the needs of their role.
- In The Office – If you choose to come into the office to work, you will have access to snacks and beverages and in-office games like Switch, chess and ping-pong. We also offer up lots of opportunity for team socials too, including the folks who are remote!
If you want to work in a highly collaborative environment and are committed to making a difference, click here to get the process rolling.
We truly appreciate all interest and will happily reply to qualified candidates.
Resolver is committed to providing accommodations for all persons with disabilities. If at any point in the recruitment process you require accommodation, please notify the applicable recruiter or contact us directly at [email protected]