Software Developer (React.js, Node.js, PostgreSQL, AWS)
We’re building a large scalable SaaS platform, using the latest technology, including React.js, Node.js, Go, PostgreSQL and AWS. It’s all in the cloud with an ever-growing microservices architecture.
As a full-stack Software Developer with Resolver, you will be responsible for designing and building software applications that enable innovative, data-driven, customer-centric digital experiences for Resolver customers. You will be working as part of a friendly, cross-discipline agile team that helps each other solve problems across all functions.
Measures of Success: clean and efficient code, ability to stay within scope/specifications, on-time delivery of features/applications
- Develop new user-facing features, from the database all the way up to the browser
- Peer-review code, providing succinct and relevant feedback
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
Measures of Success: delivery of quality code that meets acceptance criteria
- Fix bugs in new and existing code
- Build reusable and fully tested (unit tests—we love mocha!) code
- Create and maintain documentation that helps others understand what the software does, how it does it, and how to use it.
Our Current Projects:
- Audit Trail Event Tracking with context isolation using Worker Threads in Node 12
- Rich Mapping solution to visualize data with an interactive map, styled with custom markers and polygons
- Advanced reporting with Point in Time using historical Data
- Working with Lambda Architecture to provide concurrency, availability and scalability
- Data Export engines to PDF, Word, Excel for reporting. This includes charts, tables etc. using SVG and other visualization technologies
- Permissions, Security Models to ensure privacy and access control. This includes API, Internal Services Communication, Database level access and Permissions Computation within complex hierarchical data structures
- Improvements to UI and UX using React/Redux to render/modify large data sets with real-time data synchronization using sockets, polling and state management
- Continuing Technical Initiatives to improve application performance, code quality, developers quality of life and overall velocity
- Application Health Monitoring and mitigation strategies
- Experience in software development including react.js and node.js (we're not looking for a specific number of years, we're looking for passion!)
- Experience with AWS web application architecture
- A passion for creating beautiful testable code
- A distaste for spaghetti code
- Security of your code is always top of mind
About Us: Resolver
Resolver is one of Canada's Great Workplaces. Culture isn't something we write about (although we do), we live our values and challenge each other to be our best selves. We invest in Resolverites who will grow with us.
- Team: we have smart, talented and curious people you'll work with and learn from. We collaborate a lot too, which means bonus points for people who love cross-functional learning.
- Impact: we solve complex challenges for some of the world's most recognized organizations. Our customers use our software to help reduce the frequency and severity of negative events to protect people, product and organizational success. What we do matters.
- Professional development: we have an external learning budget to help you grow and develop. We also have great online learning internally for you to tap in to.
- It's a Scale-up: what does that even mean? We have the best elements of a start-up blended with the stability and process design of an enterprise. There is still a lot of white space though, so people to take initiative to help us get better!
- Vacation: it's open, which means we don't worry about an accrual clock. Unlimited vacation has been called a bit of scam, so we'll tell you that most Resolverites enjoy between 3-4 weeks off a year.
- Parental leave: best-in-class top-up for new parents - 100% for 15 weeks new parents and a bonus 5 weeks for birth Moms.
- Great benefits: 100% paid by us for health and dental from day one. And our vision care is every 12 months! We also offer a wellness/fitness reimbursement, that can go towards things like gym memberships, yoga classes, soccer membership fees or a bike.
- Office perks: coffee/tea/lattes…snacks and more. Ping-pong, games night, beer o'clock, chess, Switch, foodie bake-offs, and salad days are great ways for people to come together.
If you want to work in a highly collaborative environment and are committed to making a difference, we’d like to meet you!
We truly appreciate all interest and will happily reply to qualified candidates!
Resolver is committed to providing accommodations for all persons with disabilities. If at any point in the recruitment process you require accommodation, please notify the applicable recruiter or contact us directly at [email protected]