Instructional Designer - Customer Learning
Job Location: Toronto, Edmonton with remote opportunities.
Due to COVID-19 Guidelines, this role is currently, 100% remote / work from home until further notice. Once it is safe to do so, we will be operating as a hybrid workforce with the option to work at home, in the office, or a mix of both. Remote Resolverites will be expected to work out of a region where we have an office and serve our customers.
Resolver is a high-growth SaaS company whose intuitive, no-code platform gives our customers a clear picture of their risks so they can make quick and effective decisions. The global pandemic has certainly taught us that the ability to manage uncertainty is the challenge of our generation. At Resolver we are transforming risk management to risk intelligence so organizations can protect people and assets and deliver on their purpose.
We are ambitious in both our mission and our culture. As a scale-up, we have the innovative, non-hierarchical approach of a start-up blended with the stability and financial security of an enterprise. Resolver has been named one of Canada’s Great Places to Work five years in a row, our average tenure is 2.5 years and year over year 92% of Resolverites chose to stay with us.
So, what does that really mean for you? Let us share some thoughts:
Hi! I’m Amanda! I’m the lucky person who gets to oversee Customer Experience at Resolver which includes Professional Services, Support and People & Culture. I have been part of Resolver for five years when were 90 people in two Canadian offices and I’m thrilled to see how we’ve grown as a scale-up.
Every day CX helps some of the world’s most recognized brands solve compelling problems through our technology. Like Yoda, Samwise or Professor McGonagall, we are the guides in our customers’ journey; translating vision into practical reality.
As we continue to invest in our platform (#machine-learning) and expand our customer offerings we are re-imagining how we think about customer enablement and the tools we provide to make the journey easier and faster. Our Centre of Excellence (COE) will serve both customers and Resolverites. The COE is in the ideation phase, so we need someone who is a builder; motivated to be a proactive voice in creating, designing and delivering best practices that will foster customer engagement. The Instructional Designer - Customer Learning will develop customer-facing product training, best practice playbooks and learning tools that deliver on a best-in-class customer journey.
- You have been building your career over the last 5-10 years and no matter what your education, you know your calling is supporting customers. This is probably because you’ve worked in Professional Services, Support or Customer Success.
- You have experience as an L&D Business partner or in customer learning and have focused on designing and developing learner-centric solutions. You also proactively think about how to make learning effective.
- You have demonstrated experience creating, administering and continuously improving learning programs (e-learning, group learning, instructional manuals/course work, supportive analytics etc.); which means that you have lots of proficiency in with online learning software and video editing (i.e. Articulate, Captivate and Storyline);
- You have a strong customer-focus and a high degree of empathy. More so, you are a storyteller and are able to translate even the most complex technical language into compelling stories to foster engagement.
- You are a builder and most importantly you get excited about growth. Not just because that’s the cool thing to say but because you relish the challenges that come with it.
- You love owning results; taking initiative to carve out a better “future state” lights a fire in you. You’re curious about data and will use analytics, including qualitative and quantitative methods to help set the path forward.
- You are a collaborator. You partner with the subject matter experts, Product and CX with curiosity, humility and a motivation to achieve our common goals. This probably means you’ve worked with multiple stakeholders and managed large, cross-functional projects and are okay herding cats.
What you’ll be doing:
Customer Learning (10%): Partner with Customer Experience, Product and Learning Specialists to create a best-in-class customer learning experience. We know you’re successful if we see Deployment NPS and overall Customer NPS go up!
- You will help align overall learning design to Resolver’s customer journey by strategically thinking of the optimal way to deliver time-to-value;
- Develop and curate customer learning content aligned to our Product Launch process to ensure that all information is easily and readily available;
- Connect the organization to customer stories and successes in order to foster continued connection to the value of our software.
Learning Design & Development (70%): Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify learning opportunities, objectives and measures to deliver to our various customer segments. We know you’re successful if we see time-to value for customers (adoption, engagement) for our customers go up.
- Develop ever-green product learning and/or technical training for our customers;
- Develop e-learning modules by integrating best practices from SMEs and documentation from our technical writing team;
- Develop storyboards and prepare narrative scripts in appropriate training media with an emphasis on interactive learning experience;
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to translate their knowledge into effective learning experiences and best practice playbooks for our customers;
- Develop additional content for various modalities (i.e, e-learning modules, instructor manuals, learning guides, and support materials) to support the Customer Experience Team;
- Conceptualize and develop evaluation measures including knowledge checks.
Enablement (10%): Partner with the Centre of Excellence to curate content for both our customers and employees to ensure ease-of-use. We’ll know you’re successful customers engage in more self-service activity (which means less Support tickets).
What we offer
We believe diversity is important in creating solutions for our customers and Resolverites. We have a comprehensive total rewards package which includes base compensation rooted in data (internal and external equity) as well as:
- Health and Wellness Benefits: 100% paid by us for health and dental from day one. And our vision care is every 12 months! We also offer a wellness/fitness reimbursement, that can go towards things like gym memberships, yoga classes, soccer membership fees or a bike.
- Professional development: we have an external learning budget to help you grow and develop. We host a learning workshop about every 6 weeks on topics like Time Management, Self-Awareness and Giving Feedback; we also have e-learning to meet the needs of our remote team. We offer a Career Development Program to help you identify and build your skillsets for internal growth opportunities and beyond. We also have a Coaching Program for all our managers. We know how important it is to have a good boss, so we invest in their development.
- Vacation: it's open, which means we don't worry about an accrual clock. On average, we see most folks enjoying between 3-4 weeks off a year.
- Parental leave: Best-in-class top-up for new parents - 100% for 15 weeks new parents and a bonus 5 weeks for birth mothers.
- Flexibility & trust – While we are remote for now, we enable our team to create a work environment that will set them up for success. We hire adults and we trust you to manage your outcomes. Day-to-day, everyone is given the option to decide whether they want to work remote or in-office depending on the needs of their role.
- Back in the Office – If you choose to come into the office once we’re back, you will have access to snacks and beverages and in-office games like Switch, chess and ping-pong. We will be offering up lots of opportunity for team socials too, including the folks who are remote!
If you want to work in a highly collaborative environment and are committed to making a difference, let's get the process rolling.
We truly appreciate all interest and will happily reply to qualified candidates.
Resolver is committed to providing accommodations for all persons with disabilities. If at any point in the recruitment process you require accommodation, please notify the applicable recruiter or contact us directly at [email protected]