With the onset of new commercial business, we now have an opportunity to design an implementation structure that ensures our ability to manage several payer program implementations concurrently. The objective of this brief is to describe the Implementation manager job description, key elements of the role, and describe account management needs to support CY2020 payer program implementations.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Creates the implementation plan strategy upon entering into an implementation planning stage with a payer to support a payer program going live with providers. The Implementation Manager serves as the handoff from Commercial Business Development, entering the business relationship as close to contract finalization as possible. Specific day to day responsibilities include:
· Liaisons with payer partner ongoing to drive key decision making and align on success criteria
· Liaisons with internal business owners (network ops, technology, analytics, clinical, marketing) to identify cross functional dependencies for implementation and project plan development.
· Setups workstreams across payer and Remedy to drive toward decision making most relevant to the project timeline.
· Provides Incidence Triage, ensuring these are identified, escalated to the correct workstream, and resolved
· Manages the delivery timeline of implementation and ensures execution is adhering to the contract terms
· Creates a feedback loop process to bring new challenges to the agile teams and allows them to create solutions in future release dates
· The Implementation Manager is a role performed by an individual who serves as the strategic interface between a business function and one or more business partners to stimulate, surface, and shape business demand for the function’s business assets and capabilities.
· The required capabilities include the ability to organize and maintain dashboards to manage an implementation, manage within a matrixed organization, orchestrate effective workgroups across the payer and Remedy, and navigate internally to ensure appropriate triaging when needed.
About Signify Health
Signify Health partners with leading health plans, healthcare providers, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, and technology companies to improve the quality of life by providing comprehensive care where and when it's needed most. In addition, Signify Health delivers software and services that enable payers, employers and at-risk providers to organize and finance healthcare delivery around a patient’s episode of care. With an innovative logistics and clinical workflow technology platform, exhaustive data set, and an unparalleled national clinical network, the company provides tech-enabled care services to vulnerable populations within the routine of their daily lives to improve health and quality of life. Signify Health delivers its services to partners at more than 1,000 healthcare locations nationwide and serves well over one million health plan members each year, providing health risk evaluations, complex care management, outcomes-based pharma services, and specialized medical services in the home and other convenient locations. Signify Health has multiple offices in Texas with additional locations in Connecticut, New York and South Dakota. To learn more, please visit www.signifyhealth.com.
Please note that all Signify employees are required to adhere to all organizational policies, the Code of Conduct and participate in all compliance-related training and education.