How will this role have an impact?
We are looking for a meticulous Technical Writer to create clear and engaging help documentation that will guide our partners to success. You will work closely with the Product, Partner Services, Marketing, and Application Support teams to document our suite of applications, using a hands-on approach to learning complex technical topics. If you are passionate about writing, attentive to detail, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple deliverables, this role is for you.
This role will report to our Manager of Software Documentation.
Please provide a link to your portfolio in your cover letter (either website or Google Drive). Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
What will you do?
- Create concise and engaging online help documentation via MadCap Flare, including images and graphics via Photoshop and Snagit
- Create user guides and job aids with InDesign
- Craft compelling email communications in Mailchimp that introduce new products or highlight new features in our applications
- Create and maintain developer documentation, including API references
- Write consistent UI text that enhances the usability of our applications
- Proofread writing of team members and other teams, assuring the writing quality, voice, and style adheres to our in-house style guide, the Microsoft Manual of Style, and the Chicago Manual of Style
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications, Computer Science, or another field where you have proven the ability to write technical content with clarity and impact
- 5+ years of experience as a technical writer in an agile software environment
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex technology into concise and engaging copy
- A strong foundation in the principles and best practices of technical writing, copywriting, editing, proofreading, and content design
- A strong portfolio of relevant work we can review
- 1+ years experience copywriting for email campaigns; Mailchimp is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in documenting APIs; experience with common web services and API architecture; experience with REST APIs and JSON responses is a plus
- Expert at creating responsive HTML5 online help with a single source authoring tool; knowledge of MadCap Flare is a plus; knowledge of HTML and CSS is a plus
- Demonstrated experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop and InDesign
- Expert research skills and the ability to communicate effectively with technical SMEs
Our benefits include but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) savings plan with match
- Medical, vision & dental
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Parental leave
- Gym reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
About Signify Health
Signify Health partners with leading health plans, healthcare providers, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, and technology companies to improve the quality of life by providing comprehensive care where and when it's needed most. In addition, Signify Health delivers software and services that enable payers, employers and at-risk providers to organize and finance healthcare delivery around a patient’s episode of care. With an innovative logistics and clinical workflow technology platform, exhaustive data set, and an unparalleled national clinical network, the company provides tech-enabled care services to vulnerable populations within the routine of their daily lives to improve health and quality of life. Signify Health delivers its services to partners at more than 1,000 healthcare locations nationwide and serves well over one million health plan members each year, providing health risk evaluations, complex care management, outcomes-based pharma services, and specialized medical services in the home and other convenient locations. Signify Health has multiple offices in Texas with additional locations in Connecticut, New York and South Dakota. To learn more, please visit www.signifyhealth.com.