- Languages: Python, Spark, SQL
- Algorithms: Classifications, Regressions, Neural Networks, Time series, Graphs
- Infrastructure: AWS (EMR, EC2, S3, etc)
- Visualization: Tableau or similar
What will you do?
- Develop and/or use various algorithms to build predictive models within a healthcare (e.g. risk of readmission to hospital).
- Collaborates with business & product teams to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling approaches, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems using advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry.
- Use strong knowledge in algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions.
- Use strong programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms.
- Comfortable reading academic oriented literature and collaborating with subject matter experts to inform better predictive models.
We are looking for someone with:
- 3+ year’s professional experience as a data scientist or machine learning engineer
- 1+ year’s professional experience working with big data and relational databases
- Strong hands-on modeling experience building predictive models
- Strong knowledge of advanced applied data science (machine learning, neural networks, etc.), mathematical modeling, computational, statistical, data mining techniques (regression, decision trees, clustering etc.), and dimensionality reduction techniques.
- Strong experience with data manipulation, analysis and visualization.
- Strong experience mentoring junior colleagues
- Advanced degree in physics, applied mathematics, statistics or a related field is preferred
- Healthcare industry experience is a plus