Post Acute Manager - Virginia Beach, VA
Remedy Partners is seeking a Post Acute Operations Manager to join our growing Tribe. The role of the Post Acute Operations Manager is to act as an operations lead for all post-acute operations in the market.
They will be responsible for day to day oversight of all PAN Representatives in the market and will oversee their development of networks in the post-acute space.
Are you right for this job?
We are looking for someone with:
● Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from a competitive university
● Consulting or business development experience a plus
● Experience with Medicare / Medicaid / Managed Care
● Experience with Hospitals, Healthcare Organizations, Senior Services, Home and Community Based Services, particularly Skilled Nursing Facility and Home Health Care
● Strong critical thinking needed to analyze medical data and reports
● Personable, self-motivated, collaborative, consultative and quality driven
● Relevant industry knowledge and a desire to make an impact
● Critical thinking and problem solving abilities
● Ability to learn quickly and be flexible
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What will you do?
● Collaborates with Operations Director and other Operations Managers to ensure that operational interventions are aligned with overall partner strategy
● Aligned with both regional and national account responsibilities as defined by partner and program need in the post-acute
● Oversee the development of networks and care improvement initiatives across the post acute space
● Understand the systems and processes used by both internal and external partners
● Effectively uses metrics and information to drive business decisions
● Aligns plans to achieve business objectives across team
● Provides local management of day to day post acute operations
● Promotes development of self and others
● Makes decisions that embody the ethics and values of Remedy Partners
Please note that all Remedy employees are required to adhere to all organizational policies, the Code of Conduct and participate in all compliance-related training and education.