How will this role have an impact?
Remedy Partners is looking for a Release Manager to join our Infrastructure team. As a member of one of the infrastructure teams, you will be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people.
This role will report to our Senior Manager, Release Automation.
The Release and Deployment Manager is responsible to own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases across the enterprise for multiple applications across various Portfolios The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary the Release Manager will provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
The individual will be responsible for implementing and managing release processes for the progression of code in the development, test, and production environments. The Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments. This position also works with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
What will you do?
- Develops scripts and automation tools used to build, integrate, and deploy software releases to various platforms
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Work with the PMO to conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Create, organize, distribute and generally manage Release Reporting
- Work with the PMO to communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Participate in SDLC meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2-6 years of previous release and/or project management experience, (Solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in systems analysis or development
- 4 years of scripting experience (Bash, Python)
- Experience building deployment systems using a Continuous Delivery model highly preferred
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Experience using Linux, AWS, Ant, Maven, and Bamboo preferred
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must
Our benefits include but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Savings Plan with match
- Medical, Vision & Dental
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement