How will this role have an impact?
As a member of one of the infrastructure teams, our new Data Engineer will be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people. This role will report to our VP, Technology Security & Infrastructure.
What will you do?
- Query data to include aggregations, calculations, and producing metrics from data.
- Create data pipelines to include ETL and streaming data such as log data or tool/sensor data to indexes. Experience with Splunk / Sumo forwarders, ELK (Elasticsearch, Kafka, Logstash), or ES/Splunk python libraries preferred.
- Provide novice level expertise with hands on configuration, tuning and operating of distributed data storage stacks. Open source tools including Kafka, Logstash, Beats, Elasticsearch, Kibana, or Splunk / Sumo preferred.
- Script languages. Python preferred
- Design and implement data visualizations. Experience with Kibana or Sumo preferred.
We are looking for someone with:
- Computer science, engineering, information science or a related technical discipline plus 1+ years of relevant experience or Master’s degree
- Experience working on an Agile development team
- Experience with code repositories, esp Git/GitHub
- Experience with ALM tools, esp Jira
- Experience with Elastic Common Schema or Splunk / Sumo Common Information Model
- Experience with tools in both Linux and Windows environments
- Understand current cyber exploits, attack methodology, and detection techniques using a wide variety of security products.
- Cloud workload experience (Amazon Web Services, Azure)
- Understanding of machine learning, and it’s use in anomaly detection
- Experience evaluating new methodologies and technologies to meet requirements and deliver capabilities
Our benefits include but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Savings Plan with match
- Medical, Vision & Dental
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement