Senior Jira/Confluence Support Engineer
What will you do here?
JIRA Support Responsibilities:
- Accountable for ongoing support to JIRA Software end-users, including appropriate issue escalation by interfacing with Support team
- Responsible for supporting Project Administration, Agile Board Configuration and User Management
- Create and manage complex JIRA workflows (including conditions/validators/post-functions) field configurations, screen schemes, permission schemes and notification schemes
- Build reports and dashboards using for JIRA
- Create and modify custom fields in JIRA
- Plan and execute major JIRA upgrades as needed (1-2 per year).
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for integrations with Confluence, Jira, Bamboo and Hipchat
- Research Atlassian best practices in order to implement them for internal consumption
- Research & analyze JIRA Add-ons to determine best 3rd party solutions to support Technology operations
Are you right for this job?
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Expert level JIRA (on-premise) administration; Atlassian Certified
- Professional JIRA Admin preferred
- Excellent problem solving skills, process implementation skills.
- Proficiency in the use of reporting tools for JIRA
- Proficient use of JIRA macros in Confluence
- Prior working experience within an agile software development environment preferred
- Prior experience in developing management metrics a plus
- Background in a Regulatory environment preferred
- Experience analyzing JIRA logs (In Linux) to diagnose and resolve issues a plus
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills (verbal & written) with both technical & non-technical users
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), WebEx, and GoogleDocs a plus
- Self-motivated; researches solutions independently but knows when to ask for help