How will this role have an impact?
Remedy Partners is looking for a DBA Administrator to join our Tech Ops Infrastructure team. As a member of one of the infrastructure teams, you will be given the freedom to make meaningful and measurable improvements impacting millions of people.
This role will report to our VP, Technology Security & Infrastructure
What will you do?
- Responsible for maintaining all PostgreSQL, MySQL, and MongoDB databases , including backups, restores, space management, optimization, creation, and archiving
- AWS Cloud Experience, specifically services such as RDS, Redshift, DynamoDB, experience using Amazon Aurora a plus
- Demonstrable experience in physical and logical DB design
- Experience with managing Linux system and able to write/maintain Shell/Python scripts is a big plus.
- 5+ years RDBMS DBA experience. At least 3 years of supporting MySQL in live and development environments.
- Experience working as a NoSQL DBA in a high throughput, web-scale environment. MongoDB would be a big plus
- Knowledge of NoSQL best practices and data modeling. MongoDB or DynamoDB a plus
- Outstanding organizational abilities, and aptitude in decision making and problem solving
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to succeed
- Must have strong understanding of the underlying technology, as well as trends in the database space
- Proven experience migrating databases from on premises to cloud with minimal downtime
- Share the on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for incidents:
We are looking for someone with:
- Mastery in at least one programming language, Java / Python is a big a plus;
- At least 4 years of experience with building, operating and maintaining complex and scalable systems;
- Solid understanding of Software Engineering principles;
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting;
- Proven experience with automation. Knowledge of configuration management tools like Puppet or Chef is a plus;
- Additional experience in Networking, Security or Storage is a plus;
- Be able to understand and formulate meaningful business metrics;
- Creative and not afraid to step outside of your comfort zone;
- Working with AWS cloud.
Our benefits include but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Savings Plan with match
- Medical, Vision & Dental
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Parental Leave
- Gym Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement
Remedy Partners delivers software and services that enable payers, employers and at-risk providers to organize and finance healthcare delivery around a patient's episode of care. For healthcare providers, Remedy Partners’ software, analytics and administrative services support bundled payment contracts with Medicare and Commercial Insurers, often through shared-risk partnerships. For payers, Remedy Partners empowers the development of bundled payment contracting programs and guides development of bundled payment networks. Remedy Partners presently delivers its services to partners at more than 1,000 healthcare locations nationwide.