Senior Analyst, Episodes of Care Shared Savings
Senior Analyst, Episodes of Care Shared Savings
Signify Health is seeking a Senior Analyst to join the Shared Savings Analytics team within the Signify Health Analytics group. This position is a growth opportunity for an individual interested in helping healthcare providers to translate data into actionable insights to improve care and performance.
Why this role?
If you are passionate about our mission and would like to impact the broader scope of the industry - using a grass-roots effort to drive collaboration and change in a stagnant and inefficient marketplace - this is a unique opportunity for you.
The individual will have responsibility for developing, producing, and reviewing for accuracy financial performance reports for all payer and provider partners. This will involve understanding existing business requirements for our bundled payment programs as well as helping to develop business requirements for new programs. The Senior Analyst will also create Excel-based models of proposed financial arrangements based on these business requirements. Upon finalization of the business requirements, the candidate will work collaboratively to translate the finalized business requirements into technical requirements for our team of developers to build the supporting technical infrastructure. She/he/they will also be responsible for additional deliverables requested by our current and potential gainsharing partners.
The Senior Analyst will work closely with members of the Finance team to identify information needs, perform internal audits, and complete internal ad hoc reports. In addition, he/she/they will work with our Partner Services team to ensure appropriate delivery of external reports.
The role will also identify and anticipate analytic needs for existing and prospective partners.
Finally, the Senior Analyst will be expected to develop and improve the team’s analytical techniques, while helping to standardize and document current methodologies across analytical teams.
What will you do?
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of all Signify's financial and shared savings incentive offerings.
- Understand complex financial arrangements involving payments made to our partners (both providers and payers).
- Develop Excel-based models of these financial arrangements to inform business decisions and finalize contract terms.
- Create business requirements for processes surrounding business development and financial reporting including the creation, improvement, and documentation of these processes.
- Work with our developer team to ensure that all business requirements are adequately reflected in the technical requirements for our programs.
- Standardize collection of data, including contracts, communications with payers, and internal audits.
- Review output of claims files and standard reports for accuracy.
- Compile, analyze, and ensure the successful delivery of financial, gainsharing, and reconciliation reports.
- Respond in a timely manner to shared savings ad hoc requests from partners.
- Work collaboratively to create and launch partner-specific financial sharing programs.
- Ensure appropriate solutions are implemented and executed for all gainsharing partner accounts.
- Coordinate and execute regular audits of internal data pertaining to our partners involvement in bundled payment and gainsharing programs.
- Prepare external communications including financial statements with key insights summarizing the reports.
- Other responsibilities as required to ensure company success.
Are you right for this job?
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in healthcare or an analytic field.
- 2 – 4 years of experience using SQL.
- High level of proficiency in Excel (Pivot tables, macros, VBA).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to convey technical information in an accessible and understandable manner (writing samples may be requested).
- Ability to understand and convey complex components of financial arrangements to general audiences in an engaging manner.
- Ability to translate complex business requirements into technical requirements.
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to keep track of multiple deadlines and consistently meet or exceed them.
- Ability to think critically and be self-directed in obtaining information and knowledge and resolving issues independently.
- Comfortable offering suggestions for methodology improvements.
- Desire to learn and continuously improve processes as well as skill sets.
- Flexibility in taking on new responsibilities.
Any of the following would be considered a plus in this role:
- Experience in physician compensation models, revenue analysis, or financial planning & analysis in a physician or hospital setting.
- 2 – 4 years of experience using programming languages (i.e. Python, Java) and BI tools (i.e. Tableau).
- 3 – 5 years of healthcare analytics experience working with claims, clinical, financial, and quality data.
- Experience documenting and developing business requirements for technical projects.
- Presentation and project management experience.
Signify Health partners with leading health plans, healthcare providers, biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies, and technology companies to improve the quality of life by providing comprehensive care where and when it's needed most. In addition, Signify Health delivers software and services that enable payers, employers and at-risk providers to organize and finance healthcare delivery around a patient’s episode of care. With an innovative logistics and clinical workflow technology platform, exhaustive data set, and an unparalleled national clinical network, the company provides tech-enabled care services to vulnerable populations within the routine of their daily lives to improve health and quality of life. Signify Health delivers its services to partners at more than 1,000 healthcare locations nationwide and serves well over one million health plan members each year, providing health risk evaluations, complex care management, outcomes-based pharma services, and specialized medical services in the home and other convenient locations. Signify Health has multiple offices in Texas with additional locations in Connecticut, New York and South Dakota. To learn more, please visit www.signifyhealth.com.