Senior Vice President Human Resources
Role: Senior Vice President Human Resources
Reporting to: Chief Administration Officer
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
The Senior Vice President Human Resources is an extraordinary Human Resources leader who will drive the People Strategy for our dynamic company, reporting to the Chief Administration Officer. This individual will be passionate about Talent and building high performance teams to drive technology transformation and enable future growth for our organization. This person will be a progressive thinker with a deep understanding of how people drive results and achieve organization objectives. The ideal candidate will have experience leading Human Resources and Talent strategy across high growth companies. This individual would have expertise in preparing and enabling the organization through periods of transformational change including M & A. This person has the capability to support scaling of Pivotree operations from $60+ million in revenue to $250+ million in revenue over the next 5 years.
The Senior Vice President Human Resources, as the senior Human Resources leader in the organization, will have ownership and drive decisions regarding Organizational Structure, Talent Acquisition, Management & Development, Total Rewards, Culture & Employee Engagement and HR Operations. The focus of the role will be to attract and retain recognized talent in the commerce ecosystem with a particular focus on specialized skills valued by our strategic clients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build the Strategy and Objectives for the HR team - make the company credo “Adapt Relentlessly” a reality in the way we integrate this into our culture
- Establish Pivotree as a market leader in employee development with the creation of a superior workforce and high performing teams
- Create and execute on staffing plans and strategies that address our current and go forward objectives and also enhance the company’s ability to incubate and accelerate new product/category initiatives
- Design creative talent recruiting strategies – hiring specialized resources in marketplaces with higher demand than supply – combining internal development, geographic diversity
- Develop the organization’s ability to attract, develop and engage their teams in order to achieve their functional objectives
- Effectively leverage Performance Management systems and processes to drive clarity and alignment through the organization by bringing about good performance and talent management practices and a focus on metrics.
- Prepare and support the organization through periods of acquisition integration
- Effectively leverage and educate management and staff on change management strategies
- Build focus around a culture of continuous learning and development. Reduce the skill gap in critical areas and technologies and create synergies between the organization and individuals learning needs and paths
- Drive a positive employee experience in partnership with the leadership team by defining and monitoring employee touchpoints and engagement strategy which at minimum address diversity and health priorities
- Own HR Operations, Policy/Compliance and Legislative requirements
- Work closely with the senior leaders in the various business units to develop their BU Talent Strategies and focus on coaching/mentoring leadership teams. Creative talent recruiting strategies – hiring specialized resources in marketplaces with higher demand than supply – combining internal development, geographic diversity
- Build and evolve an organization design framework that provide clarity to the employees and supports the organizations strategy
- Develop a communication strategy and schedule to maintain employee communications and engagement
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 5 years in a senior leadership HR role
- Minimum 5 years experience in Tech sector or comparable industry dealing with aggressive competition for attracting and retaining talent
- Minimum undergraduate degree or HR designation from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Evidence of strategic HR roles – potentially time spent in an HR consulting firm/role or management consulting around people management/org design/compensation
- Ideally multiple industry or distinct roles (broad experience vs. narrow)
- Evidence of dealing with fast pace, high pressure environments
- Leadership experience working in mid to large enterprise technology companies with expertise in leading HR/ Talent functions
- Effective communicator in front of large groups– good listener, problem solver, influencer – strong peer influencing skills
- Strong history of enabling leadership teams with process and metric orientation
- Demonstrated ability to lead during change and transition, manage resistance and conflict effectively and create buy-in
- Exceptional leadership and team building skills with a track record of recruiting, developing and managing top talent to work cooperatively and effectively together
- Strong experience in implementing and rolling out an effective organizational design
- Significant experience in a leadership capacity during integration through M&A
- Strong understanding of compensation models and long term incentive plans to align all levels of the organization to long term goals.
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.