Senior Technical Account Manager
Role: Senior Technical Account Manager
Reporting to: TAM Service Delivery Manager
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
Are you able to act as a liaison to customers on their journey with Pivotree? Do you understand what it takes to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction and enjoy being an advocate for customer interests? Do you have a background in e-Commerce, MDM/PIM, or SaaS solutions? Can you identify trends in business and technology needs and apply those insights to advise customers in being more efficient and effective?
Real Customer Success is driven by people who are passionate about helping customers., If this describes you, then the Pivotree Technical Account Management team is the place for you.
As a trusted advisor to our customers, you provide valuable guidance around the optimization and continuous improvement of their solution, services, and beyond. You will build strong relationships with customer contacts at various levels as well as acquire insights into their businesses. You will interact with multiple departments regularly, and present information to both technical and business stakeholders regularly.
Working as part of the Technical Account Management team, you own the day-to-day account relationship including increasing service awareness and adoption, ensuring retention, issue management, support for new solutions, customer escalations, and overall customer satisfaction.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship with each assigned customer and continue to drive business value of Pivotree products and services for them.
- Own the overall day-to-day primary account relationship with customers including the following responsibilities: onboarding, status reporting including quarterly business reviews, change, incident and problem management, SLA management, billing inquiries, customer satisfaction, and promoting Pivotree offerings to meet customer business needs.
- Be the voice of the customer and advocate to address their needs/issues cross-departmentally, escalating issues to management as necessary
- Collaborate with Pivotree’s Sales and Strategic Account Management teams to help to achieve customer business objectives, during customer renewals and resolve other contract issues
- Conduct regular solution assessments of service, capacity, and performance on the customer the solution leading to proactive recommendations
- Identify and provide feedback into future Pivotree service offerings and provide feedback on service/support trends across the customer base
- Maintain and expand documented working knowledge of Pivotree solutions
- Mentor junior staff on handling customer service concerns and Pivotree processes
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support after-hours situations
- Able to travel occasionally, internally or to customer sites, within and outside of Canada/US
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong customer interfacing skills and experience advocating and supporting customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science/Systems/Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in a similar customer facing role including, but not limited to, Technical Account, Program or Project Management
- Possess an excellent work ethic, focused attention to detail, the drive of a self-starter, a natural curiosity to solve complex business problems, and an ability to learn and master new technologies with technical aptitude
- Strong relationship-building skills in a cross-functional environment and strong interpersonal skills to lead staff to solve issues with customers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Be able to work independently in a remote working culture
- Experience with complex IT solutions, preferably commerce, retail or data management
- Experience troubleshooting technical issues using monitoring tools e.g., infrastructure, APM, log analysis, synthetic transaction monitoring.
- Working knowledge of public cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud) and on-premise hosting environments and infrastructure (Servers, SAN, Networks, Cloud Platforms, etc.)
- Adept with organizing data using spreadsheet tools to help customers to understand the status of their services (spend, cost & resizing, ticket metrics and other operational key performance indicators
- Experience with Atlassian tools set including Confluence, JIRA, Service Desk, and Opsgenie
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.