Security Operations Manager
Role: Security Operations Manager
Reporting to: Senior Director Cybersecurity
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
As Manager of Security Operations Centre (SOC) Services, reporting to the CISO/Sr. Director Cyber Security, you will be responsible for security service delivery to Pivotree and its customers. You will be managing a Security Operations team with the mandate to provide security-as-a-services to both Pivotree’s platforms and systems as well as Pivotree Managed Customers. A strong incident response practice is needed, as your role maintains oversight of the SOC and related security services, both in-house and outsourced. You will be responsible for crafting a roadmap for implementing the security-as-a-service strategy and policies.
Your role will include being external facing to security vendors and eCommerce customers, and a solid understanding of the eCommerce marketplace will be necessary, as will familiarity with industry governance frameworks across the payment industry.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leading and managing Security Operations teams, both in-house and outsourced.
- Contributing to development and/or maturity of the SOC services strategy and roadmap for implementation across new platforms and systems.
- Executing the security operations strategy to achieve key business objectives and security capabilities.
- Manage the development and execution of project delivery with a focus on the following security capabilities:
- Cyber Security Operations
- Security Monitoring & Analytics
- Incident Response and ticketing systems
- SIEM, Log Management, Network Security & Monitoring
- Threat Intelligence and UEBA
- Vulnerability Management
- Forensics and threat hunting
- Cryptographic services
- Endpoint detection protection and response
- SOAR and paybook automation
- Intrusion Protection and Detection
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB/ITSM)
- Managing, maintaining and enhancing cybersecurity operations’ capabilities to detect, proactively hunt for and respond to advanced cyberattacks.
- Delivering core security services (monitoring, detection, response) to corporate, and service provider platforms and external clients.
- Ensure continuous improvement of Pivotree security posture.
- Overseeing incident lifecycle from incident identification through resolution, including client and vendor engagement.
- Developing and maturing operational processes and procedures to strengthen Security Operations services.
- Ensuring Security Operations practice adherence to relevant governing regulations and industry standards
- Managing external relationships with vendors and outsourced services.
- Developing and maintaining key performance indicators and service level targets.
- Developing and tracking management-level security metrics under the direction of the CISO, communicating the security posture for Pivotree and external-entity businesses, status of cyber-security readiness, and opportunities to strengthen the security posture.
- Identifying, defining and solving of complex problems that impact the direction of the security program.
- Developing and executing strategy to achieve key business objectives in area of responsibility.
- Interacting with senior management levels client-side and within Pivotree, involving negotiation or influencing on critical matters.
- Diplomacy in decision making, which have major and lasting impact on Pivotree and other areas of the organization.
- Managing direct and indirect staff and responsible for ongoing recruitment, performance evaluation, coaching, development and mentoring a team of highly specialized security professionals.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- You have a bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science, Computer studies, Cyber Security or a related field.
- You have 7+ years of experience working with or in Security Operations Center performing incident investigations and forensics and have a strong technical background in cloud, datacenter, networking and infrastructure.
- You have 7+ years of experience working with SIEM tools performing deployment, configuration, and maintaining operations.
- You have 3+ years of experience leading a team and have strong and proven leadership capabilities with communication, influence, negotiation and conflict resolution.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills good at establishing business and stakeholder relationships.
- You have strong experience and expertise in security tools: Incident Response Platforms and Threat Intelligence Platforms.
- You have 10+ years of experience working with network-based services and client/server applications.
- Security configuration, End Point Protection, Detection and Response, Vulnerability Assessment and Management, and Analytics
- You have experience leading, working in, or growing a managed threat operations and managed security services practice.
- You have a good understanding of cloud technologies and platforms and their respective security controls.
- In-depth knowledge of security concepts such as cyber-attacks and techniques, threat vectors, and risk management.
- You have proven experience in incident handling, forensics, and management in a complex service provider environment.
- You are familiar with ISO 27001/2, SOC1/2, PCI/DSS and NIST frameworks.
- You have an industry recognized Professional Security certification, e.g., CISSP, SANS GIAC
- You are ability to qualify for Canadian security clearance.
- You are highly motivated, and results oriented with an ability to handle high pressure situations with key stakeholders.
- You have strong service management and service delivery orientation.
- You have excellent presentation skills and an ability to present complex information in a manner suitable for technical and non-technical audiences.
- META: SIEM, SOAR, UEBA, IAM, EPP, DDoS, WAF, CTI, DAST, APT, ATT&CK, CIS, AI, BAS, ASV
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.