Junior Security Analyst
Role: Junior Security Analyst
Reporting to: Senior Director Cybersecurity
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
We are looking for Junior Cyber Security Analysts to join our team of professionals in Cyber Security Analysis, Engineering and Architecture. This is a full-time position based in Toronto but offered Globally. Pivotree offers competitive compensation, flexible hours, and work from home.
As a Security Analyst, you will be a key contributor to our Security Operations Center (SOC) team which specializes in detecting and responding to security incidents. This job is an exciting opportunity work with real security threats and work with clients to mitigate and respond to such threats.
Our mission is to have the best collaborative cloud-based Security Operation Center in the country. To that end, we have recruited some of the best technology minds working in cybersecurity today.
Join us and bring your considerable talent and desire to learn, experiment, lead and succeed in an innovative, highly automated, integrated, and entrepreneurial environment. Together, we can advance Cybersecurity and your career like nowhere else.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Conduct incident investigations on SIEM tools.
- Perform threat hunting on customer networks to detect and isolate threats and provide recommendations to customers.
- Work on customer on-boarding projects to ensure a successful transition to SOC for security monitoring services.
- Provide proactive security investigation and searches on client environment to detect malicious activates.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of security threats, countermeasures, security tools and Cloud Security and SaaS technologies.
- Maintain technical proficiency through tool development, playbook, workflow and learning security frameworks.
- Help develop processes and procedures.
- Learn from and work with peers to grow and expand your cybersecurity knowledge and expertise.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- 1+ years of experience in security operations
- Strong understanding of computer networking and software development
- Knowledge of security incident management, malware management and vulnerability management processes
- Introductory understanding of securing cloud services, container and multi-tier web applications, data lake and relational databases, WAF and virtual firewalls, VPN, and host endpoint protection products.
- Security monitoring experience with one or more SIEM technologies, incident detection and response and intrusion prevention technologies
- Ability to be available after hours and participation in on-call rotations
- Interest in Information Security professional designations such as CISSP, CISM, CISA
- Interest in compliance and audit experience (PCI, SOC2, ISO, etc.)
- Knowledge or have worked with leading vendor certifications
- META: SIEM, SOAR, UEBA, IAM, EPP, DDoS, WAF, CTI, DAST, APT, ATT&CK, CIS, AI, BAS, ASV
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.